+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 494 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggers View Post
    I was searching for some time (erk!) before I found anything I particularly liked. I had a Nite MX10 a while ago but didn't get on with it. I had the movement replaced after it packed up and was disappointed the movement cost about a tenner!

Here's their website if you've not found it already:
    http://montres-louiserard.ch/en/watches/69287aa31

BTW, my left wrist is quite small after I broke it badly about 30yrs ago.
    Interesting what you say about Nite watches, I've looked at their website a few times but never pulled the trigger on one (unusual for me). Do you happen to recall what movement it was?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Decided to treat myself to a 60th/Retirement present, from Louis Erard:

Attachment 26962

Now that is handsome no-nonsense watch. Very nice.
    Barry

I'm David.

Decided to treat myself to a 60th/Retirement present, from Louis Erard:

Attachment 26962
    Very, very classy watch Mark. Congrats on your 60th and hope you enjoy your retirement.

I'm Grant.

Got this for the boys Xmas.

Quite nice it is too. Pity strap is struggling yo go round my wrist, which is the usual, hence my using mostly pockets.

It's not super high quality but looks ok
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Got a couple of that brand Grant, power reserve's not great but other than that they're very good.

I'm Grant.

Good to here. He wears then changes so wont bother him much I guess. He likes watches and autos, although most he has are those solar ones I think. He will like it I think. Just part of his xmas. always get him a lot of smaller things as he likes opening stuff...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

My watches; nothing special but I like TW Steel. Their size suit my wrist and hand size

1st watch is an Accurist my wife bought me for our first Christmas together back in Dec 2006; the black TW Steel (45mm) she bought me the Christmas of the year we married, 9 years ago yesterday in 2010 and the other 2 TW Steel watches (both 50mm) I bought last year, brand new but listed at silly times on eBay and managed to win both

Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    My watches; nothing special but I like TW Steel. Their size suit my wrist and hand size

1st watch is an Accurist my wife bought me for our first Christmas together back in Dec 2006; the black TW Steel (45mm) she bought me the Christmas of the year we married, 9 years ago yesterday in 2010 and the other 2 TW Steel watches (both 50mm) I bought last year, brand new but listed at silly times on eBay and managed to win both

Nice one! Got one of those

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Nice one! Got one of those

Nice!

I looked at the green faced ones, but decided brown suited me better. The gold/silver one I have is my 'dress watch' Matches my thrust bearing wedding ring when I wear it, when we're out and about. Otherwise it sits on my desk; away from harm haha
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm sorted.

Purports to be a dive watch but isn't, like the colour though

+ Reply to Thread