+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 496 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post

I buy what I use. A divers watch for evening wear seems very odd to me. When I had divers dials on cheaper watches I never used them. Same with multi dials.....you will hardly use them so it just clogs up the face. Its all bling and it doesnt impress me Taste is simplicity.

Sekonda £29.95 ....Job Done
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. I have two watches: a 48 year old Rolex Oyster worn everyday and which keeps time correct to 15 seconds a year; and a gold square-cased Bulova Acutron with a black leather strap worn with a dinner jacket when the occasion arises.

Whilst I admire the aesthetics of vintage watches and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into their making, I can't really see the point in collecting them: you can only wear one at a time and they all need to be wound up regularly for them to keep good time. I certainly don't need any stopwatch or tachymeter facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Liked using a Pocket watch. Safer as I used my hands inside tvs etc.
    But a phone nowadays does everything. Swiss army knife type bit of kit, even if its not terribly nice craftsmanship compared to a quality analogue watch
    Parade officially pissed on lol, I have seen the error of my ways after your wise words gentlemen and shall sell my entire collection except for the crappy 20 quid casio that does all you need.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Parade officially pissed on lol, I have seen the error of my ways after your wise words gentlemen and shall sell my entire collection except for the crappy 20 quid casio that does all you need.
    Yeah, then buy a load of different amps and speakers

I like the classic silver and black Grand Diver and the one with the resin strap.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Yeah, then buy a load of different amps and speakers
    I do that as well John

I'm Grant.

Didn't mean to. I've still got a collection of pockets. Probably a dozen in the drawer and a few wrists too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

I bought this Chinese watch a few months ago for £40 in a good jewellers. Best time keeper I've ever had and very well made.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Didn't mean to. I've still got a collection of pockets. Probably a dozen in the drawer and a few wrists too
    No offence taken Grant, just a bit of banter, people are entitled to their opinions about collecting watches but maybe they don't belong on an 'Anyone keen on watches?' thread.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I bought this Chinese watch a few months ago for £40 in a good jewellers. Best time keeper I've ever had and very well made.
    Nice looking timepiece Lawrence.

I'm Grant.

No offence taken Grant, just a bit of banter, people are entitled to their opinions about collecting watches but maybe they don't belong on an 'Anyone keen on watches?' thread.
    Trouble with pockets is you need to wear a waistcoat really and I don't so often now so they don't get many outings now.
    Ti's a shame
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    That's rather nice.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm malcolm.

Lovely collection of Invictas Roy, now I own one I can see the attraction, quality at a very reasonable price.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread