+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 496 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    that is stunning....
    Thanks. I know it might be regarded by some as a wannabe Rolex 'Hulk' but it's a very good timepiece in it's own right and at about a twentieth of the price.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A simple gold vintage Rolex can look nice.

Now that is elegant and a lot more stylish than the multi-function 'stopwatch' diver's watches.

My watch originally had a black leather strap. It was replaced with a metal bracelet a few years later - something which seemed to be a good idea at the time, but now I have doubts about the wisdom of that change.

I have a second square-shaped watch with a black leather strap, which I use on the rare occasion I wear a dinner jacket.
    Barry

I'm Graham.

Default Seiko 4R-36

My every-day watch. Accurate to one minute in 7 days.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Rich.

I've just had a watch clear out. I sold 2 Tag Heuers, a Nezumi Chrono, a Bulova diver and my much loved Omega Seamaster 2264.50. I can only wear one watch at a time and unfortunately I needed the money so it had to be done.

I'm now the proud owner of a beaten up old Seiko Daytona Chrono that I've had for about 15 years and my faithful Breitling Aerospace that I wear everyday.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Dave.

I have listed my Oris Divers watch on E-Bay. It was very accurate but a few months ago, it let in water whilst I was in a swimming pool. As I have two other watches I decided to sell it rather than pay hundreds for a service.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I have listed my Oris Divers watch on E-Bay. It was very accurate but a few months ago, it let in water whilst I was in a swimming pool. As I have two other watches I decided to sell it rather than pay hundreds for a service.
    A diver's watch letting in water? Was it an automatic or manual wind? If the latter, does it have a 'screw down' winder knob which you might have left open?
    Barry

I'm Dave.

It is an automatic with screw down winder, which I am always checking, so it didn't get in there. The watch has a glass/crystal back to show the workings, so it's got in there or front crystal, I guess.

The service costs are hundreds and as I now have a 'Kinetic' Seiko which keeps, pretty well, perfect time, I decided to move it on. The Seiko accuracy is excellent. I set the time on February 29th and it is now just one second slow.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    It is an automatic with screw down winder, which I am always checking, so it didn't get in there. The watch has a glass/crystal back to show the workings, so it's got in there or front crystal, I guess.

The service costs are hundreds and as I now have a 'Kinetic' Seiko which keeps, pretty well, perfect time, I decided to move it on. The Seiko accuracy is excellent. I set the time on February 29th and it is now just one second slow.
    my son has a couple of kinetics. one with a smashed glass.. need to get it in for a new glass but keep hesitating as it might be pricey
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my son has a couple of kinetics. one with a smashed glass.. need to get it in for a new glass but keep hesitating as it might be pricey
    Depending on whether it's one of the more expensive models Grant it may not be worth getting it mended when you can get a new one for less than £100 -

https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...tch-11590.html

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Depending on whether it's one of the more expensive models Grant it may not be worth getting it mended when you can get a new one for less than £100 -

https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...tch-11590.html
    certainly looks a possibility roy.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread