+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 496 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I think that’s it!

As you may assume, as I’m no longer on the Hifi upgrade carousel, my money has been spent elsewhere, and in most case actually increases in value as opposed to most Hifi components!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Actually there’s a bi metal GMT Master missing , so maybe another pic could be on the way!

Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

There we are, that’s it .

Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Grant.

the Omega and the Explorer 2 at beginning are my favs. used to have an Omega pocket watch. nice little thing it was
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Craig.

Default Anyone keen on watches?

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I have a Rolex Submariner which I bought in 1970 for the princely sum of £84. I couldn't afford the model with date as that was £96. It now needs a full service which is likely to cost £500 or so. It now resides in my sock drawer.

I also have an Oris along similar lines to the Submariner but with a date. Around 6 months after I bought this it was running slow, so Oris rebuilt it and it now runs very well, losing just one second/day. A beautiful thing with a crystal back, so you can see the mech.
    I bought my first ‘quality ‘ watch around the same time, it was a Breitling Navitimer, for the princely sum of £69!

The Omega Speedmaster, which had recently been to the moon was a quid dearer, but the guy across the road had a cheaper Breitling, so it helped sway my decision.

There’s another similarity to your story here, it too needed a service that for the same money, could buy a brand new, then modernistic Casio.
    I stupidly also put the Breitling in a drawer at my mums house, unfortunately she’d had building work done, and somehow the watch went missing.

Get it serviced, it will definitely be worth it as the watch will be worth lots more now, and will fall into the vintage category, which always attracts a premium!

I just checked at Watchfinder, a working model same as yours aged 34 years, is selling at £24,750!
    There are others...a 59 year old one at £16,750
    And a 40 year old one at £11,750.

Get it serviced and sell it!

Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Shane.

Default My Watch.

Nothing fancy. Here's my watch, Pulsar Kinetic. Had it since new when I bought it back in 2008. Please excuse the wrong date, never used the calendar tbh. Don't see the need anyway.

S.

Shane Lonergan.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I carefully put all my watch pics in an album, which has somehow disappeared!
    Therefore all my photos of my collection will be sent individually, sorry!
    Love the Daytona, one of those is next on my wish list.

I'm Craig.

I didn’t realise this topic was from a long time back as I hadn’t looked at earlier posts, hence duplicate photos.
    Sorry, mind you the Explorer11 was added since then.

Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm sorted.

Couple of recent acquisitions

I do like a big watch

I'm Graham.

Here's my Zeppelin GMT. Lovely piece.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Here's my Zeppelin GMT. Lovely piece.
    ]
    That’s very nice.

Here’s my ‘Frankenmonster’

+ Reply to Thread