+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 494 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4939

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Today a chunky knit & a 14 quid chinese special

How can it be Chinese surely it has to be Scandinavian with a name like that

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    How can it be Chinese surely it has to be Scandinavian with a name like that
    It's as well there isn't a 'k' in the middle.

It's not the best looking watch in the world & I've no idea why it has two second hands but it's reasonably accurate, will never need batteries & has a decent enough leather strap. I have a number of 'prestige' watches in my collection but this selection is one of my favourite 'cheapies'.

For tomorrow almost the other end of the spectrum

Last edited by Roy S; 28-01-2020 at 22:41.

I'm Grant.

It's as well there isn't a 'k' in the middle.

It's not the best looking watch in the world & I've no idea why it has two second hands but it's reasonably accurate, will never need batteries & has a decent enough leather strap. I have a number of 'prestige' watches in my collection but this selection is one of my favourite 'cheapies'.

For tomorrow almost the other end of the spectrum

Forsinking? Mmm.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Forsinking? Mmm.
    Very circumspect

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Obviously meant to be worn "for sinning"!
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Tag F1.
    Not worn this one for a while, enjoying it.
    For a watch with all those features, it looks surprisingly uncluttered. I like the appearance.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Just put a new battery in this lump (changed the tinny metal bracelet to a silicone one a while ago)

I'm sorted.

I'm Alan.

nice watch..I love the Eco Drives..My pal tells me every one made is water proof...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    My pal tells me every one made is water proof...
    To varying degrees, best not to take chances, if I’m not sure of a watches provenance I don’t even get it wet. It’s possible if the backs been off during its life they may not have replaced the gasket.

+ Reply to Thread