+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 496 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4957

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Oil filled watches anyone? Some of these look great, but almost a grand for a quartz movement which on its own is only £15!!!

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/...glCurrency=GBP
    Always fancied one of the automatic U Boats but they are on the large side.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Always fancied one of the automatic U Boats but they are on the large side.
    They do a 40mm version too, but it put me off after reading the movement was only £15, what else makes up the rest of the watches value? The look great though. I also wonder does the oil leak eventually.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm sorted.

They do a 40mm version too, but it put me off after reading the movement was only £15, what else makes up the rest of the watches value? The look great though. I also wonder does the oil leak eventually.
    One wonders what having oil in the watch brings to the party?

This little beauty today

I'm Grant.

This little beauty today

it makes dial very readable at any angle even uner water. also the glass wont fog if temp goes down rapidly ..
    i guess folk think its cool too, but you have to use the right oil. a lot of folk do it themselves. the oil is dialetric and i guess you would need to make sure there is a washer on the pullout lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

This little beauty today
    As Grant said above, I believe it makes the dial more readable, and on say a black dial, makes it inky black, like I said though, once you know what the movement costs it kind of kills it for me.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm fabulous.

I have had the pleasure of seeing a Ressence Type 3 watch in person. I can only say it was absolutely amazing in its clarity, and although my partner commented that it looked like an Apple Watch it amazed me that it was all a mechanical movement. If I had a spare £32,000 at the time I would've purchased it there and then <lol>

https://ressencewatches.com/innovation/oil-filled

Look at this youtube to get an idea of what it looks like click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eC...ddyBaldassarre
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Oil filled watches anyone? Some of these look great, but almost a grand for a quartz movement which on its own is only £15!!!

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/...glCurrency=GBP
    Looks like a complete gimmick, and ugly with it. Mind you with the air bubble it could always double up as a spirit level.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Only one I saw the dial looked to be outside of the glass. Was weird but pretty cool. I guess it's what you like. If you read up on it you could do it yourself .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Got me new submariner wannabe, the Squale 20 atmos. Little bit underwhelmed with the dial, wish I got the white dial markers now rather than the vintage lume, but I reckon it'll grow on me, looking forward to wearing it swimming, and getting a bit of wear on it, ceramic bezel, so less prone to marks as I understand. Supposed to have a pretty decent movement too, much better than many watches at it's price point - £500. Must admit, don't want many more watches, but I do lust after a vintage 50s/60s Rolex or is it Tudor Prince with the bubble date? 36mm, gorgeous little watch.

I'm sorted.

Nice one Mike.

Had an eco drive on today (Thursday)

+ Reply to Thread