+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 494 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Jon.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Waltham 'Giant' Pocket Watch Circa 1914 (still a great time-keeper)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

18 carat yellow gold cushion case Omega Constellation. One of the last models produced, I believe, to use a Swiss movement (calibre 751).

[IMG][/IMG]

Animal Pro Series Quartz Chronograph from the late 1990s (this one from 'new').

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Drool

I'm Alan.

Rotary diver type...and an Accurist dual display...got the Rotary in a pawn shop for £17.50..as it neede a new crystal...the watch repair ctr in Newcastle put one in and pressure tested the watch for £30.00....and the Accurist was given to me by my future son in law....both keep excellent time....cheap n cheerful...look ok and tell the time....

[IMG]watches by alan moon, on Flickr[/IMG]

hahahahha check the dates out...I can't see the date on the Rotary even with my glasses........I've just put it right....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Graham.

Default Rolex Milgauss Oyster Perpetual

GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Grant.

Had a look at some of my old pocket watches there. Not seen light of day for while and are due a wind up soon. Really need to think about moving them on.

First is my lovely Elgin. Quite old this and Ive shown it before

Then this 60'a Chessie. These are now very Collectable especially in the states. Brand new condition this

Then 2 newish half hunters

Both pretty but not the real thing. Got lots of real American ones. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I am keen on watches in the best sense because they are essential for work. The time must be on my wrist rather than on the phone in my pocket.

I go for just an analogue face with no other functions which I dont use anyway...an analogue date is just a pain to maintain so would have to be a digital inset....a diving dial on a home watch is laughable

A good Sekonda or Skagen is all thats needed. A watch as a status symbol only interests me to a point...maybe because I dont have £5000 I want to blow on a watch...and maybe because a cheaper watch tells me enough for the money. I couldnt care less thats its a second accurate in a year because I waste so much of my time anyway. I couldnt care less if its been made by angels in the hills of Switzerland.

The Skagen is ultra slim and titanium. Ive put a brown leather strap on it now which looks cool.

A watch can get a bashing so Im pretty careful what I wear for work and for dress occasions.

I need a watch for swimming but buying cheaper leaves me with options to buy many more if needed. I would go radio controlled again....the downside of cheaper watches is that Ive had a few pack up on me.

I'm Gary.

Casio G-Shock, excellent watch, indestructible & tells the time perfectly.

Also got a fancy Rotary chrono thing that's spent more time being mended than it has on my wrist, last time it went wrong I chucked it in a drawer and left it there.

You get what you pay for apparently
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Alan.

Just rescued this old boy from the bin...the face was scratched to hell....I used some 1000 wet and dry and then polished it out with metal wadding polish...the gold plate is pretty good...bought a strap for it today for £6.95...it's running spot on and keeps great time for a 1960's/70's Russian mechanical watch...plain and functional

[IMG]SEKONDA by alan moon, on Flickr[/IMG]
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Simon.

Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Just rescued this old boy from the bin...the face was scratched to hell....I used some 1000 wet and dry and then polished it out with metal wadding polish...the gold plate is pretty good...bought a strap for it today for £6.95...it's running spot on and keeps great time for a 1960's/70's Russian mechanical watch...plain and functional
    Alan, I didn't think Sekonda was a Russian make. Is it not the Seiko house brand?
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 494 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast