+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 496 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4957

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    get it cleaned up and new glass. will be a very good watch
    If I had anyone I could trust around here, I might.

I could try some fine compound on the glass, it would then look much better.

Reading around, Lemania made movements for Tissot.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    If I had anyone I could trust around here, I might.

I could try some fine compound on the glass, it would then look much better.

Reading around, Lemania made movements for Tissot.
    they made movements for many folk. their stuff went into space and was use by the raf.. they were in rolex company quality. best stuff imo.. well worth fixing up.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Didn't expect this until Monday, first arrival of 2021 all the way from Boca Raton. Cheap strap for now but there's a nice morocco leather one in the post.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

they made movements for many folk. their stuff went into space and was use by the raf.. they were in rolex company quality. best stuff imo.. well worth fixing up.
    I hadn't heard of them before this, but going by the organisations who commissioned timepieces from them, they deserve the greatest of respect.

https://www.watchgecko.com/probably-...-watch-company
    Barry

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I hadn't heard of them before this, but going by the organisations who commissioned timepieces from them, they deserve the greatest of respect.

https://www.watchgecko.com/probably-...-watch-company
    That is very interesting, thank you. The uncle that gave me the watch was in the RAF during the war, it's possible this a reason he bought a Lemania.

The watch does seem of good quality, is so quiet I cannot hear it at all. I have some other old watches, I must unearth! them, possibly I might find something unusual and interesting.
    Spendorman

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I've looked at Grand Seiko's and there are some very nice pieces I just can't get my head round spending Rolex money on a Japanese watch.

I have a dozen or so Seikos, this being probably my favourite. Purchased at Macy's in New York.

That's nice, been looking at those 'presage' Seikos, a lot of variety with retro styling. Most of them under £500 as well. Some of the Grand seikos look very nice though, i been looking at second hand ones.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

get it cleaned up and new glass. will be a very good watch
    Yep, get a new glass, will look a lot better, alot of the vintage watch collectors like them in 'original' condition, that is not repainted dials. Some of the old watches with a patina on the dial actually look very tasteful, when the metal work is polished a bit, the patina stands out nicely.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm sorted.

Dad’s Zenta, still works well

I'm Mike.

I'd like one of these Omegas, but think they go for around £1000 - £2000 depending on whether bought off ebay or from a dealer, I do worry about authenticity, so just getting something like a new Grand seiko around £3k might make more sense, as servicing these old watches ain't cheap either. This is one of Don's watches from 'Mad Men'.
    don by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/]Mike Van

And the rest of the casts, the Rolex as worn by Roger looks amazing also, second from right.
    don __ by Mike Van, on Flickr

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Dad’s Zenta, still works well

Nice, I'm after a vintage watch with a white dial, 90% of them seem to be champagne.

+ Reply to Thread