+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 496 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4960

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes - I like it, very stylish. And Timex are (or used to be) "So on trend". My first watch was a Timex.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

I'm Grant.

a lovely example that roy.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a lovely example that roy.
    Great value for money the Orients as are Steeldives

I'm sorted.

Two options for the day ahead (although I'll probably end up wearing something completely different )

Bit of bed shopping (aren't they expensive!), trying to cut a deal on a Hypnos, might have lunch out, then seeing a man about some bespoke wardrobes.

I'm sorted.

I'm Steve.

My Dad would drag me and my brothers to Football games from a young age.

He always advised me to be unbiased. Thus we watched my Coventry City against Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest.

I found the game confusing. Couldn't tell one Forest player from another. They all looked exactly the same.

Turn's out Brian Clough sent the whole team to the same Barber,

He had no time for individuality, it's all about the Team. And winning.

Anywhoo, what Dad pointed out to me at Half-Time, was Nigel Clough of Forest had an excellent first touch. No, I am a bit vague on first touch myself. But it's about control.

Back on-topic, I did predict 2-1 to England here. Quite honestly we might toss a coin on England vs. Italy.

Attachment 29617

But my 6-1 bet on the Macaronis is looking good.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    My Dad would drag me and my brothers to Football games from a young age.

He always advised me to be unbiased. Thus we watched my Coventry City against Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest.

I found the game confusing. Couldn't tell one Forest player from another. They all looked exactly the same.

Turn's out Brian Clough sent the whole team to the same Barber,

He had no time for individuality, it's all about the Team. And winning.

Anywhoo, what Dad pointed out to me at Half-Time, was Nigel Clough of Forest had an excellent first touch. No, I am a bit vague on first touch myself. But it's about control.

Back on-topic, I did predict 2-1 to England here. Quite honestly we might toss a coin on England vs. Italy.

Attachment 29617

But my 6-1 bet on the Macaronis is looking good.
    Good story & COME ON ENGLAND!

But perhaps better on the footy thread?

I'm Steve.

A fair point, well made.

Don't know how that happened.

I'm Steve.

Chap is not dressed without a wristwatch, IMO.

But has anyone noticed, as I have, that batteries only last 2 years now. They used to last 5 years.

I suspect a conspiracy to defraud the Public. FWIW, Rotary and Ben Sherman here.

Wristwatches Rotary and Ben Sherman.jpg

+ Reply to Thread