+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1117

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

  1. #941
    Join Date: Nov 2018

    Location: Grimsby

    Posts: 254
    I'm David.

    Default

    Like Richard's Rolex more Roy.
    Have a great Christmas everyone.

  2. #942
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 7,081
    I'm CHIPPED.

    Default

    Merry Xmas David

  3. #943
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 7,081
    I'm CHIPPED.

    Default

    and here's my no date sub


  4. #944
    Join Date: Nov 2019

    Location: Manchester

    Posts: 58
    I'm Richard.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    and here's my no date sub
    All subs are good subs!

    TBH it looks like you have a great collection Roy. Mine is a lot more modest. But like with everything I insist on using them rather than just 'having' them. I have a Brietling that runs about 5 mins a fortnight slow (and it got worse after Breitling serviced it!!!) - that watch I've done everything but concrete in. I have a Sinn that I use for canyoneering and going away to places when I think a watch might be noticed.....

    The one thing I don't do is dive in a Sub - a dive computer is much more efficient for that


  5. #945
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 7,081
    I'm CHIPPED.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatapeach View Post
    All subs are good subs!

    TBH it looks like you have a great collection Roy. Mine is a lot more modest. But like with everything I insist on using them rather than just 'having' them. I have a Brietling that runs about 5 mins a fortnight slow (and it got worse after Breitling serviced it!!!) - that watch I've done everything but concrete in. I have a Sinn that I use for canyoneering and going away to places when I think a watch might be noticed.....

    The one thing I don't do is dive in a Sub - a dive computer is much more efficient for that
    I often wonder if I should pare down the collection (which stands at over 100 at the moment) & just have half a dozen or so 'decent' pieces but I enjoy the 'cheapies' as much as I do the more expensive pieces. I do try to wear them all, it takes me longer to decide on a watch to wear than it does my clothes.

    Talking of subs (they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)


  6. #946
    Join Date: Nov 2019

    Location: Manchester

    Posts: 58
    I'm Richard.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I often wonder if I should pare down the collection (which stands at over 100 at the moment) & just have half a dozen or so 'decent' pieces but I enjoy the 'cheapies' as much as I do the more expensive pieces. I do try to wear them all, it takes me longer to decide on a watch to wear than it does my clothes.

    Talking of subs (they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
    There are some very good micro brands - NTH, Damasko, Yema, Steinhart etc. If they did a close Daytona version I'd be all over it!

  7. #947
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 7,081
    I'm CHIPPED.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatapeach View Post
    There are some very good micro brands - NTH, Damasko, Yema, Steinhart etc. If they did a close Daytona version I'd be all over it!
    Some interesting looking watches (don't encourage me!). Had a Stuhrling, wasn't impressed & moved it on after a week. I like Invictas but it would seem I'm in the minority.

  8. #948
    Join Date: Oct 2008

    Location: Glasgowshire

    Posts: 7,636
    I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatapeach View Post
    There are some very good micro brands - NTH, Damasko, Yema, Steinhart etc. If they did a close Daytona version I'd be all over it!
    Pick your comfort point...
    spend a grand get a Daytona no-one but an AD could tell apart.
    ...but it’s not a Daytona.

    Only the wearer knows the fake, and where’s the fun in that?
    Agree, there’s some fantastic innovative design work being done in the Micro Brand world, I’d look to that before anything else.

    That said,
    love my Grail watches, good investments to pass on.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-12-2019 at 06:30.
    I enjoy Hifi n stuff...

  9. #949
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 64,404
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Yup, a modern pocketwatch, for different reasons wouldn't have same feel. No history for one.
    I've 2 that are 130 yrs old.. You are investing in history there. As well as craftsmanship
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

    **Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

    RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

  10. #950
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 21,906
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    I only have two watches: a 49 year old Rolex Oyster, which is worn everyday and has been all over the world with me, and a Bulova quartz, which is only worn with my Dinner Jacket, so far less frequently.

    Last week I had occasion to wear the Bulova with my DJ, so thought I would post it here.

    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •