+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 494 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4939

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    chelsea players watch
    Top flight footballers and managers (apart from the obvious Rolexes) seem to plump for ugly, expensive watches.

Frank Lampard's Richard Mille (average $500,000 - $800,000)

Harry Redknapp generally sports a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, here he is helping to advertise Watches of Switzerland

I'm Grant.

ok if you get it for nowt i suppose, which they probably do.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Clearly a man of taste, but Audemars Piguet produced several models under the 'Royal Oak' banner. Tasteful models such as this:

and less-than-tasteful 'blingy' models such as this one:

Amongst collectors of expensive watches, Audemars Piguet have always been preferred over the likes of Omega and Rolex.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

I got it wrong anyway, Harry wears a Hublot Big Bang (very similar to the blingy AP Royal Oak Offshore model).

(Wake up 'arry!)

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Amongst collectors of expensive watches, Audemars Piguet have always been preferred over the likes of Omega and Rolex.
    Although it's true AP watches hold their value Rolex and Patek do better on the second hand market, look at the prices just the stainless steel versions of the Daytona and Nautilus change hands for and my humble Explorer 2 & Submariner have both almost doubled in value. Even the previously unfancied Datejust is selling for over retail!

Frank Lampard's Richard Mille (average $500,000 - $800,000)
    I don't care how expensive they are, IMO they are all hideous to look at: https://www.richardmille.com/collections

(I assume they are as expensive as they are because each one is hand made to order.)
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Although it's true AP watches hold their value Rolex and Patek do better on the second hand market, look at the prices just the stainless steel versions of the Daytona and Nautilus change hands for and my humble Explorer 2 & Submariner have both almost doubled in value. Even the previously unfancied Datejust is selling for over retail!
    My Rolex was bought for me by my parents 50 years ago, so has obvious sentimental value as well as having performed impeccably over the years. It has been all over the world with me, and suffered temperature extremes of -20C to +40C.

However if money was no object, today I would be looking at: Audemars Piguet; Vacheron Constantin; Patek Philippe. and Jeager-LeCoultre first, before other marques.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Today we're 'WIDE AWAKE!'

I'm sorted.

I'm sorted.

+ Reply to Thread