Admin, if this is in the wrong section. Please feel free to move it.

The purchased item was a Naim CD3.5, from vendor 'in-tune-audio via their eBay shop. Cost was £375 + delivery.

The CD3.5 was described as in good working order/condition etc.

CD3.5 arrived, after unboxing I immediately noticed the drawer was making a noise on opening/closing. The noise started as a slight rubbing. This I tolerated!

Then about 1 week later, the noise got worse and turned into a scraping noise. This resulted in the drawer not fully opening!!

Contacted the vendor explaining the issue, and asking for full refund etc. They responded and agreed for me to return (At my expense) CD3.5 and get full refund.

in-tune-audio received back the CD3.5, and then started accusing me of scratching the front on the fascia, around the door area. They even sent me a bloody picture, showing the cosmetic damage. Seriously, I'm not falling for that shit!

After so many messages back and forth. in-tune-audio refused to give me full refund, and will only send a partial refund of less than £50. They will repair the fault etc....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Next partial refund was £300....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

The issue was again forwarded by myself to eBay. To cut it short. eBay will be sending me full refund in a few days.

Another ridiculous thing to point out. The remote that came with this CD3.5....The batteries inside were leaking, along with dry crumbs of acid dropping on the floor! Lucky for me this didn't cause any threat to my health!

I'm not in the slightest surprised to receive such shit service from in-tune-audio. They have 1 negative feedback on their eBay, which exactly mirrors my experience. There's also 1 negative feedback on Google.

Be very careful dealing with these people!!

S.