+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InTune Audio.....Buyer Beware!

I'm Shane.

Default InTune Audio.....Buyer Beware!

Admin, if this is in the wrong section. Please feel free to move it.

The purchased item was a Naim CD3.5, from vendor 'in-tune-audio via their eBay shop. Cost was £375 + delivery.

The CD3.5 was described as in good working order/condition etc.

CD3.5 arrived, after unboxing I immediately noticed the drawer was making a noise on opening/closing. The noise started as a slight rubbing. This I tolerated!

Then about 1 week later, the noise got worse and turned into a scraping noise. This resulted in the drawer not fully opening!!

Contacted the vendor explaining the issue, and asking for full refund etc. They responded and agreed for me to return (At my expense) CD3.5 and get full refund.

in-tune-audio received back the CD3.5, and then started accusing me of scratching the front on the fascia, around the door area. They even sent me a bloody picture, showing the cosmetic damage. Seriously, I'm not falling for that shit!

After so many messages back and forth. in-tune-audio refused to give me full refund, and will only send a partial refund of less than £50. They will repair the fault etc....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Next partial refund was £300....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

The issue was again forwarded by myself to eBay. To cut it short. eBay will be sending me full refund in a few days.

Another ridiculous thing to point out. The remote that came with this CD3.5....The batteries inside were leaking, along with dry crumbs of acid dropping on the floor! Lucky for me this didn't cause any threat to my health!

I'm not in the slightest surprised to receive such shit service from in-tune-audio. They have 1 negative feedback on their eBay, which exactly mirrors my experience. There's also 1 negative feedback on Google.

Be very careful dealing with these people!!

S.

I'm Adrian.

They are not the only 'dealers' on eBay who fail to test stuff and rely on the original owners promise of things working OK. I've been bitten by one who shall remain nameless.

Maybe a thread titled - eBay Buyer Beware...
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    They are not the only 'dealers' on eBay who fail to test stuff and rely on the original owners promise of things working OK. I've been bitten by one who shall remain nameless.

Maybe a thread titled - eBay Buyer Beware...
    What a smashing idea!

S.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    I'm not in the slightest surprised to receive such shit service from in-tune-audio. They have 1 negative feedback on their eBay, which exactly mirrors my experience. There's also 1 negative feedback on Google.
    Not that I'm doubting your experience at all, but they also have 775 positive feedbacks.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Not that I'm doubting your experience at all, but they also have 775 positive feedbacks.
    That doesn't mean a thing to me.

S.

I'm Adrian.

In most cases sellers avoid negative feedback in two ways, they can have it removed by eBay or the buyer or they can do the sale outside of eBay and end the listing.

A few dealers clinch the deal outside of eBay. I've watched so many items that have suddenly been marked as unsold way before their end date and this means the seller has ended the listing and done the deal outside of the bay.

I read somewhere that in reality 1 negative feedback = 10.

Also you should check whether their feedback is as seller or buyer. If they have 600 positive feedbacks but 598 of them are for buying and they have only 99.7℅ rating were the problems with selling or buying - who knows.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by knudsenuk View Post
    So this joker
    Well you got off on the wrong foot immediately with that. Please refer to members politely, regardless of your differences with them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Never mind that, Richard needs a trade account if he wants to post here, and should've declared his trade status [representing InTune Audio] when joining!

Richard, I'm sympathetic towards your situation, but before contributing further, please PM me in reference to opening a trade account. Many thanks

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Richard, I'm talking to you!

Or have you decided just to join here, sneakily via the back door, in order to justify your business and reopen an old dispute...??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ian.

There's always two sides to every story, and nothing implicated here, but only the two parties involved will know what these are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast