+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Goldring G99 - A Resto too far 8-<>

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Thanks, never heard of "plastic weld". Must do some research. I've been threatening for ages to get a hobby band saw, this could be the tipping point.
    It's very effective Andy. I've been using it for TT lid repairs and bonding other bits.

I'm Grant.

Chloroform works well with Perspex. That's what we used to use to fabricate signs with.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

trichloroethane will do it as well.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    trichloroethane will do it as well.
    1-1-1 Trichloroethane - in tipex!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm inactive.

Tensol is the stuff for Perspex - nothing else comes anywhere near (if you want a bond that lasts....)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TENSOL-12...-/131755687310

I've used litres of the stuff in the past .... machine covers, display cases, laminating, jewellery ... etc, etc

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Tensol is the stuff for Perspex - nothing else comes anywhere near (if you want a bond that lasts....)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TENSOL-12...-/131755687310

I've used litres of the stuff in the past .... machine covers, display cases, laminating, jewellery ... etc, etc
    thanks for the recommendation mike.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Ian.

I really admire your perseverance Andrew - the effort you are putting in to keep the original look is truly admirable. I feel a bit ashamed that my G99 which was probably in better shape than yours ended up like this:

Then it got modded further to this - Linn LP12 bearing and platter.

I was in my mod anything Lenco phase at the time. Keep up the good work.

I'm Paul.

I don’t know what the grommets look like but you might find something that will work or something that you can modify at https://www.vital-parts.co.uk
    ~Paul~

I'm Andrew.

Tonight's update - Pt XXXV - A bit more clarification.

A minor update in that a fellow Lenconian from New Zealand (thank mate) over on LH sent me this :-

g99 speed selectors.jpg

I hope you can all see the picture. I need 4 of these. If you think help me in making these, have a set, or know anyone who can help then please mail me. I've made a few enquirers over on LH but I'm still waiting for replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I really admire your perseverance Andrew - the effort you are putting in to keep the original look is truly admirable. I feel a bit ashamed that my G99 which was probably in better shape than yours ended up like this:

Then it got modded further to this - Linn LP12 bearing and platter.

I was in my mod anything Lenco phase at the time. Keep up the good work.

No worries your deck looks great. I just wished you kept the 4 bloody grommets so I could buy them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I don’t know what the grommets look like but you might find something that will work or something that you can modify at https://www.vital-parts.co.uk
    Thank's I'll have a good like around.

As ever stay tuned!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Ian.

I've still got a few boxes of bits lying around though not sorted into Lenco models. Have you got a better photo? I'll have a look.

Edit, seen your photo on LH - will have a look to see if I still have them.
    Last edited by ianlenco; 04-09-2018 at 21:29.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast