+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2526527027427507517527537547628028521252 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Tonight\s tea.... Steak pie, from the local butchers, with home-made mash and gravy, served with baby carrots and garden peas:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Par boiled King Edwards extra virgin olive oil oven chips. More like roast potatoes than chips.

Puree of sweet Romano pepper, salad onions, cherry tomayies, garlic, star anise, ev olive oil, red wine vinegar, agave nectar, seasoning and a splash of water. A great way to eat baked Sea Bream.
    Top-notch, Justers!

Just the sort of flavours I like

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Some great looking meals there guys!

I had another go at chicken kebab “fakeaway” and nailed it if I do say so myself.

Though maybe not the photography!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Boigaz!

CBA with too much preparation today, Had some beef mince so I made some burgers (added a bit of salt and pepper, Sauce Shop Ketchup, semolina and egg to bind). Cooked them on the griddle and then put them on griddled burger bun with sliced gherkin, topped with mature cheddar and a bit of hot sauce.

Blasted them under the grill to melt the cheese, then added more Sauce Shop ketchup, sliced tomato and Hot Horseradish to finish.

Wolfed down with a big glass of Le Petit Train Syrah.

Yumsters... Wish you could get as good in most pubs! Sadly not... Top job, Tony

Marco.
    Main System

I'm not a kebab person, Alex, but it'd eat yours before I would that of any carry-out place, as I'd know it was fresh and cooked in a spotless, fly-free environment!

The very things that doesn't apply to most carry-outs...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Look great. And with Sauce Shop ketchup must have been awesome!
    Adding a bit to the mince made all the difference, they even tasted great on their own, when they were cold.

Am thinking it would be good to add to mince with Moroccan Spices and do as kofta type thingie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Jon.

Home made egg, butter and honey rolls…

then filled with beef, horseradish, onions and a red wine gravy..

I need about a weeks sleep after that!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post

Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post

Curious about the rolls. Got the recipe?

I'm Jon.

250 grams of Marriages very strong Canadian white flour
    160 ml of egg, water and milk mix
    3/4 tbsp honey, 1/2 tbsp olive oil
    25 grams butter
    1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar
    3/4 tsp easy bake yeast
    All the above is approximate as i kinda made it up as i went along.
    Chuck it all in the bread machine on a dough cycle and give it it’s first rise. Then knock it back, shape, rise again then bake for 20 minutes with a tray of water in the bottom of the oven.
    About 10 minutes effort on my part.

+ Reply to Thread