+ Reply to Thread
Page 667 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1675676176576656666676686696777177671167 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Fair enough, sounded like you didn't!

Should also be richer, smoother and more full-bodied than the Merlots you've had from Europe - probably a little more alcoholic, too.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Should also be richer, smoother and more full-bodied than the Merlots you've had from Europe - probably a little more alcoholic, too.

Marco.
    Definitely smoother & 1/2% more alcoholic (my usual merlot comes from Spain )

Nice one... As I suspected

Next time, for a complete contrast, try a French Merlot.Trust me, compared with what you're drinking now, it'll seem like a different wine!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

I've still to get to Aldi.

Back up town tomorrow to view another Rolex for 'er indoors & I've asked to view an Omega Planet Ocean they've got (might as well get a gift for myself as well).

And why not? Don't miss their Merlot then, as it's also from Chile, so would make for an interesting comparison: https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-chi...69671051090200

And for Sangiovese, go for the Chianti Riserva DOCG

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Steak baguettes tonight I think. Done simple with finely sliced medium ribeye, loads of caramelised onions, English mustard and mayo. Served with real deep fat fried french fries.

It’s Friday, and payday.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Pics, my boy, PICS - or no bugger is interested, as words on a screen on a food thread are meaningless!

Marco.
    Main System

Ok tonight's scran... 36-day aged Aberdeen Angus ribeye steak, in a homemade whisky-cream sauce with mushrooms and peppercorns, sprinkled with fresh parsley and served with sautéed potatoes, fresh asparagus, spinach and broccoli:

...washed down with a nice bottle of Côtes-du-Rhône Villages!

Yums

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

That looks distinctly un-shabby!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Cheers, Adam. It was not three bad

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread