+ Reply to Thread
Page 608 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 1085085585986066076086096106186587081108 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Justin.

Ramen addiction series continues with remains of hot and sour beef as above but with ramen eggs and mushrooms cooked in the egg marinade liquor. This time with Amoy straight to wok noodles.

At home with a stinking cold this was uplifting to a limited degree.

Last edited by User211; 18-10-2019 at 20:50.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hope you get over your cold soon, dude. Hot toddy, later!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tony.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Baked figs, feta, balsamic & honey.

Drizzled with good olive oil.

Holy Crapinola! That was good! Surprisingly light and a great balance of flavours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hope you get over your cold soon, dude. Hot toddy, later!

Marco.
    Wife's just come in with Lucozade which I always like when ill.

Odd cold. Quite mild for the first two days and then bang! - really bad.

I'm Tony.

Second course - Casarecce with tomato and ricotta forte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Salmon fish cakes and new potatoes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Steak chianti, doughballs and baby potatoes

that was terrific
    Last edited by struth; 18-10-2019 at 15:53.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Steak chianti, doughballs and baby potatoes

that was terrific
    Dough balls not had them in years, my mum used to make great ones.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm sorted.

Chops

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, 'Jon' - so if it wasn't Dave, what is your real first name? You did mention it once, and so I'd be obliged if you put it on your profile

Anyway, all points noted. Not longwinded at all, I appreciate the detail, as all the info you've given will be taken into account when we get our chickens. Any tips on the best place to get them from?

Marco.
    Jon is my real name and short of posting a pic of my passport or driving license i don’t know what else i can do to prove it.
    I joined here with “Gary” as my name as it’s whats most people call me (nickname). I explained it in an earlier post as to why. I’ve no idea where you’ve got “Dave” from.

Anyway, back to birds, these people are apparently good “if” you want to rehome a previously caged hen and give it the life it deserves.

https://www.bhwt.org.uk/topics/your-stories/

And they have a collection point close to you..

That, and it’s a brilliant site for advice (far better than i could ever give!).

Other than that, there are plenty of breeders around if you want some “fancy” hens that will yield eggs.
    That said, a few of mine were rescue birds and were in a horrible state when i was gifted them by my parents as a moving in present.
    At first they were terrified just seeing the sky never mind anything else but seeing them grow their feathers back and gradually getting used to the sort of environment they should be living in was a monumentally satisfying feeling, not to mention the tasty eggs they give.
    It’s a win for them and a imo a win for anyone saving them from a pointless slaughter.
    And also, just for fun, the site i listed has a "Hen of the month" feature, which if i didn't own any would sound ridiculous and almost like a page 3 kinda thing, but is actually kinda cool.

+ Reply to Thread