+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 644645145545625635645655665746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

if your in m&s get these, their great... I get them every visit...

Doesnt sound like a great mix but it is
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... To be fair, it's not far off the portion I'd have, as I'm not a big potato-fiend, chips or otherwise... Especially, as I grew up with my dad owning a couple of chippies - you can easily get scunnered!

No, rice or pasta/noodles is more my thing for carbs. Plus, I generally enjoy my greens/veg more.

Btw, as an aside, when you venture up to Scotland again, don't forget to check out the Roman Camp Country House hotel in Callander. You may remember we discussed it. Trust me mate, it's top-notch and a fabulous place to treat your lady friend

See here: http://www.romancamphotel.co.uk/

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if your in m&s get these, their great... I get them every visit...

Doesnt sound like a great mix but it is
    Interesting... Does it actually taste like REAL shortbread? Most of the bought stuff I've tried has been a plastic poor relation of the real thing (simply too sugary and not rich or buttery enough), and always avoid it so as not to be disappointed.

I feel the same way towards tablet!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

yes its pretty buttery although sweeter too.. im a big fan of homemade stuff but this is rather good... different too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Okies, I'll trust your opinion on shortbread as a discerning Scotsman, lol. Next time I'm in Marks, which admittedly isn't very often, I'll get some and report back

You know what I mean though... Bought shortbread or tablet (and macaroon bars, one of my all-time favourite things), even fudge, is usually pish, compared with the real McCoy, simply because the stuff that makes it taste good has been skimped on!

I'm exactly the same with all but the very best ice-cream. I'd rather do without, than eat some of the plastic crap out there these days, posing as such, some of which isn't that cheap....

Marco.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Btw, as an aside, when you venture up to Scotland again, don't forget to check out the Roman Camp Country House hotel in Callander. You may remember we discussed it. Trust me mate, it's top-notch and a fabulous place to treat your lady friend

Marco.
    Thanks for that. Been to Callander, lovely little town.

I'll probably travel up on my own for this visit, it'll be more to keep my cousin company for a few days while he continues his recuperation, he's climbing the walls as he won't be able to drive for another three months & he can't get far on his crutches so is virtually housebound apart from hospital trips. We'll have a dram or two and put the world to rights

I'm Grant.

Carbonara
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Lol... To be fair, it's not far off the portion I'd have, as I'm not a big potato-fiend, chips or otherwise... Especially, as I grew up with my dad owning a couple of chippies - you can easily get scunnered!

No, rice or pasta/noodles is more my thing for carbs. Plus, I generally enjoy my greens/veg more.

Marco.
    Looks like a nice place Marco, although seems to be aiming for the wedding market. Although our nephew is coming over from the States next year to get married and he might be interested.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Weddings, as you know Robin, are BIG business for hotels, so country house ones, especially, want a slice of that market. However, if you go there for Sunday lunch or dinner, especially out with of the wedding season, the food is excellent - or at least it was last time I was there.

Check this link, where the dining experience is described: http://www.romancamphotel.co.uk/dining/

Proper fine-dining at its best with traditional white-linen table cloths and silver service. It's particularly nice at Christmas, with all the cosy log fires! And the rooms are traditionally decorated and just beautiful.

That said, it would also be a lovely place to hold a wedding reception, so defo recommend it to your nephew

Marco/

I'm Robin.

Weddings, as you know Robin, are BIG business for hotels, so country house ones, especially, want a slice of that market. However, if you go there for Sunday lunch or dinner, especially out with of the wedding season, the food is excellent - or at least it was last time I was there.

Proper fine-dining at its best with traditional silver service. It's particularly nice at Christmas, with all the cosy log fires! And the rooms are traditionally decorated and beautiful.

That said, it would also be a lovely place to hold a wedding reception, so defo recommend it to your nephew

Marco/
    My son got married 3 years ago, so well aware of the costs of a wedding, but will mention that place to my nephew.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread