+ Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 454454955355435445455465475555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    It was 33 degrees C in the pool. Actually a bit hot for proper swimming but most people just want to take a dip and mess around, which that is a good temp for.

Was up til 5am with nieces and boyfriends somehow.

Outside Richmond Park. Planes fly over every minute scary low though they do move the flight path every few hours.

Even with the aircraft, some houses in the road fetch £10 million. Madness.
    We've been viewing properties locally, sometimes accompanied by one or other of my other halves grandchildren. We took 10 year old Morgan (calls me Ace, F knows why) to view a place that had an indoor pool & now that's become an expectation in any property we buy as far as he (and his Mum now) are concerned.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

And you.

Losers all
    Well, I've run a successful artwork/framing business since 1995, doing something I love [always been into art and design-type stuff], but you're just a daftee!

You do a mean hi-fi show report, though!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    We've been viewing properties locally....
    Move north, mate. That's where the value for money is - well away from the overcrowded and congested rat race darn sarf! £10m for London houses? I wouldn't live there if you PAID me £10m to do so....

Give me the peace and tranquility of North Wales (or Scotland) any day!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Most don't live there much, Marco. They own properties all over the world and just stop off once in a while.

Most houses in the road have been flattened and rebuilt and have basements with swimming pools and gyms etc.

Most don't live there much, Marco. They own properties all over the world and just stop off once in a while.

Most houses in the road have been flattened and rebuilt and have basements with swimming pools and gyms etc.
    Does that also apply to your sister?

I've never understood the obsession with owning swimming pools, especially in the UK, where it's cold and rainy most of the time. Fair enough in the likes of the south of France.

Plus, and I'm not saying that this applies to your sister [so please don't take it that way], but too often pools are simply the rather vulgar 'badge' of the aspiring (upper) middle-classes/footballer's wives set, as if owing a pool somehow means that one has 'arrived'...

It can also smack of having plenty of money but not much imagination of how to spend it..... Kind of like what dimwitted chav Lottery winners always do: buy a big house with a big pool (and a 'flash' car)! Oh FFS...

I'd far rather have a proper, stone built [tastefully stocked] wine cellar, or a games room with a full-sized snooker table, or mini-real cinema, complete with full-sized screen and seats, than a swimming pool. I guess it's just what you're into

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Move north, mate. That's where the value for money is - well away from the overcrowded and congested rat race darn sarf! £10m for London houses? I wouldn't live there if you PAID me £10m to do so....

Give me the peace and tranquility of North Wales (or Scotland) any day!!

Marco.
    My cousin lives in Livingston (near Edinburgh, not far from Grant) & before I met my current lady friend I'd considered moving up there, there was a bungalow up for sale next door to his for about a quarter of what my current house was worth at the time but I just couldn't put up with the weather up there. I recall attending a dog show with my previous partner (who was judging) in May. I was wearing 2 fleeces & a coat & I was still cold!

In any case we need to stay local as her three girls all live in Essex with the grandchildren. If it was purely my choice I'd move to Norfolk where my Dad's family came from.

I'm Grant.

I'd move to where Marco is. Gets good mix of weather and it's quite quiet, yet close enough to everything u need. Here is sa.me bar weather
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    My cousin lives in Livingston (near Edinburgh, not far from Grant) & before I met my current lady friend I'd considered moving up there, there was a bungalow up for sale next door to his for about a quarter of what my current house was worth at the time but I just couldn't put up with the weather up there. I recall attending a dog show with my previous partner (who was judging) in May. I was wearing 2 fleeces & a coat & I was still cold!

In any case we need to stay local as her three girls all live in Essex with the grandchildren. If it was purely my choice I'd move to Norfolk where my Dad's family came from.
    No worries, mate. Just pulling your leg, really. However, I do know what you mean about the weather up there, as the comments from Grant on the weather thread reveal... There's a happy medium, though. Somewhere in the north of England (lakes), or the south west (Cornwall) would be nice, but I know you need to be near family

I just couldn't live in the south of England where there's so much overcrowding and congestion, as I'm too used to being largely divorced from the masses!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I'd move to where Marco is. Gets good mix of weather and it's quite quiet, yet close enough to everything u need.
    Yup, that's why I like it. Nice quiet suburb of Wrexham (Acton/Garden Village), with as many shops as I need on my doorstep, 10-min drive to beautiful rural Welsh countryside, 40 mins to some stunning coastlines. 20 mins from (lovely historical) Chester, 40 mins from Liverpool, and not much more from Manchester. And virtually no traffic issues locally to speak of. ZERO stress.

And as you say, the climate (for Wales) is pretty decent, as you'll see from my reports on the weather thread... Spent most of today out in the sunshine in our garden, first working, then enjoying a relaxed lunch, without hearing a peep from anyone!

The houses are mostly very nice round here, and it's virtually always very quiet: https://www.google.com/search?q=acto...ih=656#imgrc=_

The majority of my neighbours are OAPs and/or retired folks, or well-behaved young families with kids.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I just could live where there's so much overcrowding and congestion, as I'm too used being largely divorced from the masses!
    Yes, local roads are a pain in the a**e through rush hour but being retired I don't travel at these times. Got my over 60 free oyster now anyway so I can get buses everywhere (they're every 7 minutes from virtually outside my front door). Valid on trains to so i can go into town for free , the C2C service gets you to Fenchurch Street in about 20 minutes. Our last trip in was to see 9 to 5 at The Savoy theatre. Had a decent lunch in Prezzos (2 for 1 with a Taste card) saw a great show and had a few sherbets before heading home.

+ Reply to Thread