+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Bet that was good.
    Was really nice thanks. The Nectarine & Tomato was a bit of a gamble that worked out. Whole thing was really fresh and light. A bit of heat from a fresh jalapeño in the salsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Comfort food tonight. Chicken, Pancetta and Mushroom Pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Pie you say? That looks awesome Mono.

Pieminister Xmas effort, with Kallo Organic beef stock, horseradish mustard, Kikkoman soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and corn flour gravy.

Better than your average Pieminister. Must be making an effort for Xmas.

I'm Justin.

Desert.

I'm Geoff.

Talking of desserts. When I was a kid, my mum used to get me a 'rum baba' as a treat now and then. I loved those, not seen one for maybe twenty years. I wonder if you can still get them? Certainly not local to me.

This is a nice looking one, just the right amount of 'shiny stickiness' to it.

I'm Justin.

Was staring at Bath buns earlier to go with my coffee. No rum babas around but I do remember them.

The Bath buns were made in Bath by a local baker. Bertinet.

https://bertinetbakery.com/

Their bread is about as good as most Artisan bakers manage. Mine is usually better than theirs even accounting for bias I reckon.

I'm Mike.

Sunday so roast chicken, such an amazing food, £7 for a free range 1.5kilo tasty bird, which lasts 3 more days meals including making stock out of it. Never disappoints, fresh sage and garlic in the cavity, roast tatties cooking in the same tin, cannot beat it! I love sundays! Oh a bottle of Chardonnay is nice as well.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Justin.

Baked late last night.

Recently into over baking white loaves to get a really thick, crunchy crust. Most commercial bakers wouldn't want to expend that much energy on a loaf, I suspect.

Very high hydration with some flat Prosecco left over from a party added to the mix. Tastes very good.

I'm Grant.

nice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Baked late last night.

Recently into over baking white loaves to get a really thick, crunchy crust. Most commercial bakers wouldn't want to expend that much energy on a loaf, I suspect.

Very high hydration with some flat Prosecco left over from a party added to the mix. Tastes very good.

Looks fantastic! Bet it tastes just as good too! Perfect crust and texture.

+ Reply to Thread