+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 2022522923003013023033043123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yups.... Thing is, I can eat what I like, and do [in moderation], as I have no dietary/health issues. However, if push came to shove, I could give up red meat completely, or indeed anything other than chicken, and not feel that hard done by.

It's lazy, boring and unadventurous cooking anyway, the whole 'meat and two veg' thing, and also rather outdated. The fact is, there are 100s, if not 1000s, of more varieties of fruit and veg in existence, than meat.

But how many of us have tried even a quarter of it, or would even know how to prepare and/or cook it properly?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

I’ll be honest, I’d rather have had your delicious looking chicken with some spuds and veg rather than the rabbit food you served it with! in fact, that’s pretty much what I had last night - grilled chicken breast, some new potatoes drizzled in butter and herbs and some lightly steamed curly kale.

And, yes, the tide is definitely out in your coffee cup!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andrew.

Hooray for another rabbit food hater ����

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yups.... Thing is, I can eat what I like, and do [in moderation], as I have no dietary/health issues. However, if push came to shove, I could give up red meat completely, or indeed anything other than chicken, and not feel that hard done by.

It's lazy, boring and unadventurous cooking anyway, the whole 'meat and two veg' thing, and also rather outdated. The fact is, there are 100s, if not 1000s, of more varieties of fruit and veg in existence, than meat.

But how many of us have tried even a quarter of it, or would even know how to prepare and/or cook it properly?

Marco.
    . Meat and 2 veg maybe a bit dated but still a very tasty meal in my book !

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I’ll be honest, I’d rather have had your delicious looking chicken with some spuds and veg rather than the rabbit food you served it with! in fact, that’s pretty much what I had last night - grilled chicken breast, some new potatoes drizzled in butter and herbs and some lightly steamed curly kale.

And, yes, the tide is definitely out in your coffee cup!
    Ha - well, it's that big you could almost have a bath in it, so takes some filling!

I get you on the rest, and had it not been so warm, weather wise, that might've been how the chicken was served. However, on a hot summer's day, such as it was here yesterday, warm veg, for me, simply doesn't appeal, whereas a nice crispy (well-dressed) salad does!

It's not really how we're 'wired'. Salads are a big thing in Germany/Croatia, where my wife's family are from, where they do them really well, and that's also the case with Italy and me. Plus, I'm not a big potato fiend, instead much preferring rice or pasta, for carbs.

After all, it's how things are mostly done on the Med (hence the earlier comments). In the summer months, in the likes of Italy or Greece, you won't see much boiled or steamed veg, served in restaurants - and when the weather suits here, we very much like to eat in the European/Mediterranean style

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    . Meat and 2 veg maybe a bit dated but still a very tasty meal in my book !
    Undoubtedly, if done well. My point was that I sometimes like to be a little more adventurous, plus 'meat and two veg', British style, isn't really my culture

Aside from European cuisine, we eat a lot of authentic oriental/asian food too, so 'meat and two veg', in the traditional sense, simply doesn't feature there.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andrew.

I’m thinking of making this later
    Torta menjar blanc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

Lots of good food being posted on here recently, which is encouraging

Re: salads - My own view is that there is nothing better and nothing worse than a 'salad'. A random collection of whatever veg or greenery you happen to have available, thrown on a plate with no thought to the uncomfortable chore of chomping through it, in dry-mouthed misery, is the sad norm in most catering establishments in this country.

A salad can be a thing of wonder, it can be the simplest of accompaniments that elevate a meal or it can be a complex and fulfilling feast that you never want to end. If you treat it as an afterthought, it'll taste like an afterthought! In either case, the dressing is essential, whether simple or luxurious.

Re: meat - These days, I tend to eat very little red meat, usually as a 'treat', either on special occasions or eating out. Really don't miss it to be honest. During the week, it's mostly a mix of vegetarian, fish or chicken and trying to cut back on bread (my own Achilles Heel). I have no problems with either cooking or eating a main that contains no meat whatsoever.

So, a little of everything in moderation is good for the soul, and quality not quantity is the key to my own culinary heaven!
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I’m thinking of making this later
    Torta menjar blanc
    Should be nice, mate, although I'm not normally one for cakes and desserts. I'm more a savoury than a sweet person... Post some pics though, if you make it!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Beef pappardelle

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread