+ Reply to Thread
Page 1377 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 3778771277132713671375137613771378137913871427 ... LastLast
Results 13,761 to 13,770 of 14760

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Duchy's originals Shortbread rounds are rather good.
    best shortbread ive ever tasted was M&S's coconut shortbread.. absolutely amazing stuff.. i expect they still make it although it sold quite fast. if i was ever in one of their shops again that would be my first stop.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Mackerel fillets, with tomato/coriander sauce, purple sprouting brocoli, sweet potatoes. Followed by apple crumble, possibly the easiest and nicest dessert one can make, and a big bar of chocolate, healthy followed by sugar OD, if I ain't drinking wine I need to binge on something!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Simple Scots fare tonight. Scotch Pie mash and beans
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yesterday:

Steak and Ale pie (Theakstone's ale), oven 'chunky cut' chips, lightly fried chestnut mushrooms, and peas (went a bit OTT there ).

Lemon tart for pudding.

Washed down (rather incongruously) with a 2017 Château Le Bonalguet, Bordeaux. A very good year, having won three gold medals in 2018.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yesterday:

Steak and Ale pie (Theakstone's ale), oven 'chunky cut' chips, lightly fried chestnut mushrooms, and peas (went a bit OTT there ).

Lemon tart for pudding.

Washed down (rather incongruously) with a 2017 Château Le Bonalguet, Bordeaux. A very good year, having won three gold medals in 2018.
    looks good barry. a few places sell those theakston old peculiar pies.i used to drink it at one time lol. glass of beer might have been more appropriate lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Chilli with home made chips

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Snap!

Chilli con carné with steamed Basmati rice and vegetables:

I usually make a bucketful of chilli, so I'll be eating it for the next 4 days. Fortunately it always tastes better a day after cooking.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Snap!

Chilli con carné with steamed Basmati rice and vegetables:

Mine was all gone last night

Sausage stew with dumplings tonight

I'm Grant.

2 scotch pies with brown sauce and baked beans today. Was lovely.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Thailand today..
    Red chicken curry jasmine nice
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread