+ Reply to Thread
Page 1325 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 32582512251275131513231324132513261327133513751425 ... LastLast
Results 13,241 to 13,250 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Smoked Salmon with a little dill and Béchamel sauce on the side to start.

Rump steak (medium rare) with carrots, sautéed red pepper and chips. Washed down with a 2014 Chateau Les Granges des Civrac, Médoc (2017 Gold medal winner, Concours Mondial Bruxelles)

Followed by profiteroles with single cream and a glass of Muscat de Rivesaltes, L'Or du Roussilion.
    Sounds good Barry. I managed to make a decent pate, but my plans for 'Guinea fowl filo pastry and honey vinaigrette' fell apart as I realised I'd left it too late as there was fair bit of prep involved, including deboning the Guinea fowl. So I just lopped off a breast. gonna pan fry it with marsala and shooms, cream. Try making the elaborate original dish for boxing day!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Roast topside and a very nice bottle of red...

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

top marks alex.. 11/10
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Fish and fritters
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

Excellent Alex, though I don't know what people see in Yorkshire pudding.

(I haven't drunk Châteauneuf-du-Pape for ages - must do something about that!)
    Barry

I'm Grant.

i love yorkies
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Grant & Barry. When I went to cook today I found the honey glazed parsnips I’d left in the oven and forgotten to serve!

The wine was really really good - I think Tesco, normally £20 but this week was a “Clubcard Price” at £15 - I’ll be going back for more, that’s for sure.

Tonight was leftovers and random things from the fridge - Southern fried chicken, the obligatory bubble & squeak and a stuffed mushroom. Was “interesting” I guess, and avoided food going in the bin which is one of my pet hates.

Wine is Prosecco, half an open bottle left in the fridge by one of our guests so rude to let that go to waste, too!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm sorted.

No xmas dinner pic but here's the assembly for the meal, I'm right at the back on the 'kid's table' where the conversation is just at my level.

& catching up with goings on on AOS (didn't take long ) drinking a xmas cake stout from Brewdog.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Doesn't look like there is much of interest for you there.

Mind you on the few occasions when I have had to log in to AoS using a smart phone, the text is so small that I get tired of having to enlarge the image to read it.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Doesn't look like there is much of interest for you there.

Mind you on the few occasions when I have had to log in to AoS using a smart phone, the text is so small that I get tired of having to enlarge the image to read it.
    just use tapatalk.. its best way to view fora
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread