+ Reply to Thread
Page 1320 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 32082012201270131013181319132013211322133013701420 ... LastLast
Results 13,191 to 13,200 of 14760

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm guy.

I quite fancied having goose for Christmas lunch - I have never eaten it, so I thought it was about time that I tried

I went to put in my order at our local butcher but unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of goose. He is going to try but I have asked for a turkey crown if he can't get the goose. I am getting quite excited about getting in supplies - hunter gatherer ?
    At the moment: goose or turkey crown, Suffolk dry cure bacon, pork chipolata sausages, Venison and herb sausages, smoked ham for cooking Christmas Eve

Going to look for a decent Pinot Noir to go with the lunch, pitty Marco's not about to give a recommendation (hope he's well).
    Home brew plum porter, lager and "Yorkshire ale" in the log cabin - nicely chilled at the moment
    Black Bomber cheddar on order from butcher, just want to get some Brie, Compte and possibly a Stichleton Blue.

Apart from fresh vegetables (and nuts for youngest daughters nut roast), job is almost done and stuff any lockdowns
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Not that keen on goose. It's rather like duck, unsurprisingly, and can be a bit fatty and greasy unless 'over-roasted' to dry it out. I'd sooner eat a good chicken personally.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not that keen on goose. It's rather like duck, unsurprisingly, and can be a bit fatty and greasy unless 'over-roasted' to dry it out. I'd sooner eat a good chicken personally.
    That has always put me off; but I'm in my sixties and just thought "to Hell with it" about time that I gave it a go.

Funny thing is, people always talk about turkey being too dry but Fliss has always managed to make it quite palatable
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    That has always put me off; but I'm in my sixties and just thought "to Hell with it" about time that I gave it a go
    Well I'm in my seventies, so you can have my share!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Well I'm in my seventies, so you can have my share!
    I'm not even that keen on turkey - but others seem to like it and it's "tradition"!!!!
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Reheat turkey sliced in stock in oven on day and it will be super tender and juicy with good flavour.
    I and my mother before have been doing it this way for 70 odd years. Daughter does it now.
    You can do sausage meat this way too. Steam it in a bowl for a few hrs. You'll get rid of the worst of fat, then when cold slice it up.
    Certainly makes Xmas day a lot easier.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Korean BBQ beef Edamame rice.

damn good it was
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed - but then I'm not that keen on roast chicken either (unless it is cold and with a salad). Actually, come to think of it, having tried most game and other bird: pheasant, plover, partridge, turkey, quail, pigeon and puffin, I'd much rather eat red meat. The only exception is ostrich which I do like.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

i like cold roast chicken too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Korean BBQ beef Edamame rice.

damn good it was
    It looks it. That is much more my style - would be happy to eat that on Christmas Day.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread