+ Reply to Thread
Page 1308 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 30880812081258129813061307130813091310131813581408 ... LastLast
Results 13,071 to 13,080 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Nice looking kebab, but I’d have to have sauces.

Lot of work for a week night, but on the plus side all four of us had the same (I nearly always end up having to cook three different dinners, one for each of the kids and one for me and my wife.) Anyway, chilli con carne tacos, cheated with the salsa and sour cream and chive dips but for some reason I really love making guacamole from scratch. There was a lot of leftovers for lunches.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

there was chilli sauce in it, but not too much. was very good and enough for tomorrow
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I've long since given up on donners (aka mystery meat sandwiches), can't recall the last time I had a decent one.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Special chicken all the way for me, do occasionally ask for a “pounds worth of doner on the top” to remind me how much I don’t like eating lard! Always have garlic sauce, sometimes chilli as well, and have to have the chilli peppers.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Cod, baby potatoes and green veg.
    Very good too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lunch today was at Côte Brasserie:

Pour Madam -

Prawn Gratineé: King prawns in white wine, garlic, chilli and tomatoe sauce, garlic and parsely croutons.

Cassoulet de Toulouse: Confit duck leg, Toulouse sausage and bacon lardons, white broad beans topped with melted garlic butter and sourdough croutons.

Crème Brûlée:

Pour moi -

Mushroom Paté: Roasted field mushrooms and porcini paté, marinated shimeji mushrooms served with sourdough croûtes.
    (something like this)

Cassoulet de Toulouse.

Chocolate Fondant with vanilla ice cream.
    (again, something like this)

To drink:

2019 Côtes du Rhône Villages, AOP, Laudun-Chusclan (Maison Sinnae), 'Elements Luna' (Gold medal winner)

Barry

I'm sorted.

Made a stew, not very photogenic but tasty. Enough left for tomorrow.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Lunch today was at Côte Brasserie:

Cassoulet de Toulouse: Confit duck leg, Toulouse sausage and bacon lardons, white broad beans topped with melted garlic butter and sourdough croutons.

To drink:

2019 Côtes du Rhône Villages, AOP, Laudun-Chusclan (Maison Sinnae), 'Elements Luna' (Gold medal winner)

looks like a great combination
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

A bit more basic for me.. lol. Mince, tatties and green veg.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Eat out again yesterday evening (we had cause for celebration), this time at Russells Restaurant, www.russellsrest.co.uk

Pour elle

Grilled tiger prawns with chilli and rosemary butter to start

followed by Filet of Sole (looking similar to this)

et pour moi

Tomato and basil soup to start, followed by Tournados Rossini

We both had coffee ice cream for dessert

Washed down with a 2016 Château Des Bardes, Saint-Émilion Crand Cru

Barry

+ Reply to Thread