+ Reply to Thread
Page 1302 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 30280212021252129213001301130213031304131213521402 ... LastLast
Results 13,011 to 13,020 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Don’t think I’ve ever had hot and sour soup, Marco, looks good, will have to look into that one further!

Guinea fowl sounds nice... but we need a pic Mike!

Is the lasagne a ready meal one Grant? Looks good, not done lasagne for ages, might do that this week as I’m off work for half term and we’re not going away anywhere, just the odd “staycation” day’s out.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Don’t think I’ve ever had hot and sour soup, Marco, looks good, will have to look into that one further!

Guinea fowl sounds nice... but we need a pic Mike!

Is the lasagne a ready meal one Grant? Looks good, not done lasagne for ages, might do that this week as I’m off work for half term and we’re not going away anywhere, just the odd “staycation” day’s out.
    that was a bigham's one.. yeah its not too bad for a ready; i added the parmesan.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ordered a kebab to save my leg.
    A chicken and doner.

Was damn good
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Does look a nice kebab Grant, sometimes you just can’t beat a mucky takeaway! I would have had to have at least a handful of chips at home, although of course 30 years ago on the way home from a club at 2am I would just have had the kebab, woken up in someone’s garden several hours later with congealed lamb fat on my shoes and trousers, and chilli sauce on my shirt!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

I've got lots if donar and a nan for breakfast..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

We take it in turns to choose Saturday night dinner - this week was my choice so we had fillet steak with all the trimmings, I decided rather too late to top mine with some of Mrs Temple’s Binham Blue - one of my favourite blue cheeses, from Norfolk. Tamzin handled the after dinner coffees! (No marshmallows were harmed in the production of said beverages!)

Alex

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Feeling lazy today, so went out to our favourite local pizzeria.

Lightly beechwood-smoked spicy salami, organic tomato, mozzarella, caramelised red onion, chilli oil and fresh basil pizza. With a roasted butternut squash, grilled artichoke, roasted baby tomatoes, goat's cheese, roasted walnut and mixed leaf salad on the side.

Glass of Tenuta Normanno; a Sicilian wine using exclusively Nero d'Avola grape. 12.5% ABV.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Cooked up some chipolatas for tomorrow I think.
    Gonna make a Tikka, well I've part made it.
    Think I will make a sausage pasta tomorrow.

Cooked up first in oil in fry pan then moved to the air frier to finish them off.
    Lovely taste
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Chipolata Tikka sounds interesting!

Chipolatas involved in our dinner too, can’t have roast chicken without pigs in blankets and stuffing balls!

Alex

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Using up some leftovers - so a bit of an intercontinental "mash up":

Spirali pasta (Italy), Falafels (Middle East), roasted grape tomatoes and onions, with green beans and brocolli spiced up with ginger and chilli (West African).

Washed down with a glass of 2020 Gallo Family rosé. White Zinfandel grape, 8% ABV (California, USA)

A Braeburn apple for dessert (UK)
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread