+ Reply to Thread
Page 1229 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 22972911291179121912271228122912301231123912791329 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice to see a nice clean joint.. alaska has is it ice cream and a cake in meringue?? thnk i see a bit of sponge.. never had it
    Yup, dat's da one, dude... Surprised you've not had it. It was all the rage in the 70s! Mum used to make it to serve at dinner parties, equipped with hostess trolley and everyfink!

Yeah it was a clean place [we had the table pictured in the corner], even yesterday when it was rammed full of folk, families and kids, etc (good news, post-Covid restrictions), and great to be able to walk in and move around the place without a fucking mask!

Not so yet with the shops, unfortunately...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, dat's da one, dude... Surprised you've not had it. It was all the rage in the 70s! Mum used to make it to serve at dinner parties, equipped with hostess trolley and everyfink!

Yeah it was a clean place [we had the table pictured in the corner], even yesterday when it was rammed full of folk, families and kids, etc (good news, post-Covid restrictions), and great to be able to walk in and move around the place without a fucking mask!

Not so yet with the shops, unfortunately...

Marco.
    Yeah i dont recall having it. or being offered it lol Arctic roll was it at a stretch
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... My mum used to buy all the cookery books you collected as sets, sold weekly or monthly, back in the 70s and 80s, and 'release her creations' on us, for Sunday lunch Fortunately, she was a good cook, not at Del's level, but very good at what she did.

She used to like in particular the recipes from Robert Carrier (an American chef who was 'big' in the 70s and 80s). Don't know if you remember him: https://www.google.com/search?q=robe...hrome&ie=UTF-8

She had all his recipe books

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

yeah i remember him. mum collected recipes too.. as she got older she got more adventureous. A good plain cook and became a lot better than that. but she excelled at all the yea olde recipes as she was brought up with them. hoch, oatmeal, dumpling, tripe, list is endless.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Enjoyed one of my favourite desserts yesterday for my birthday meal, which I haven't had for years... Baked Alaska:
    Looks good. Turkish had a special baklava on offer but I was too full to try it.

What did you have for your main course?

yeah i remember him. mum collected recipes too.. as she got older she got more adventureous. A good plain cook and became a lot better than that. but she excelled at all the yea olde recipes as she was brought up with them. hoch, oatmeal, dumpling, tripe, list is endless.
    Nice one.. Hoch, as in ham hoch? That I like, the offal ye can keep, lol!

My mum was probably similar to yours, in that respect, only with her it was all the old Italian recipes!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

hoch as in potted houch. its beef (shin) cooked with a big nap bone in water to produce the setting agent. The meat is then separated with fork and knife a bit like pulled pork really, then returned to some of the stock; seasoned and cooked again for a while, then into small pots to set.. ie potted houch/hoch. Some call it potted heid but thats wrong as heid was a cheaper meat..

think ham is ham hock
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Looks good. Turkish had a special baklava on offer but I was too full to try it.

What did you have for your main course?
    Yeah, love Baklava, and also a good (as in homemade) rum baba!

Main course? Yeah, I know, I forgot to take pics of the rest of the meal, as we were too busy chatting I had salt & pepper squid and baby octopus to start, and linguini with fresh crab (served in its shell) for the main, with a side of seasonal greens (just to keep up my five-a-day)

And a bottle of the Picpoul De Pinet, Cap Cette (white) from the wine list: https://portheirias.com/content/down...-wine-list.pdf

Marco.
    Main System

hoch as in potted houch. its beef (shin) cooked with a big nap bone in water to produce the setting agent. The meat is then separated with fork and knife a bit like pulled pork really, then returned to some of the stock; seasoned and cooked again for a while, then into small pots to set.. ie potted houch/hoch. Some call it potted heid but thats wrong as heid was a cheaper meat..

think ham is ham hock
    Ah yes, I know what you mean now, so probably not my thing. I'm not really 'down' with the gelatinous/fatty feel to those cuts of meat (I call it 'slippy slops', lol), as undoubtedly tasty as they are (if you like that sort of thing). I don't like fighting through membrane and sinew, to get at something that's edible! [Boak]

I'm more of a 'fine cuts' poofta

Marco.
    Main System

Anyone who likes a good traditional chicken liver pâté, should try this:

Topped with butter, just as it should be, and gorgeous with some Melba toast or some rye bread! Doesn't get much better from a shop

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread