+ Reply to Thread
Page 1100 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 10060010001050109010981099110011011102111011501200 ... LastLast
Results 10,991 to 11,000 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Haha... She says she could do a virtual 'scratch & sniff' with these pics and any others she sends

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha... She says she could do a virtual 'scratch & sniff' with these pics and any others she sends

Marco.
    pity they dont work online. there was an april fool of that.

Google Book - Scratch and Sniff

In 2008 Google, well known for their pranks, launched the scratch and sniff - yep people fell for it! All they had to do was get their nose pressed up to the screen and click go (instead of scratch) - they then got an April Fool message, looked round to check no one saw them do it and got on with their work for the rest of the day. We love it!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ha - belter, and I can believe it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Anyway, had this for a simple lunch...

IMO, these are about the best fresh (vacuum-sealed) Tortelloni, available from a UK supermarket, in this case Lidl... Really nice quality pasta and filling, and which can handle a bit of heat (without turning all sloppy), which I find is generally the case with fresh pasta from supermarkets, even the 'poshest' stuff, usually because it's too 'wet'.

In this case served simply with a classic Tuscan fresh sage (from our garden) and butter sauce:

Then topped with freshly-grated Parmesan:

Nice and light, but tasty! Would normally serve this with a fresh Bolognaise sauce, which is lovely, but much more filling.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

nice... that pasta company sold that dish. it was good, but the butter was a bit too much for my delicate gut
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - no worries... The sauce is called 'Burro e salvia' (sage and butter). It's very popular around Tuscany. Classic recipe here: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/torte...-salvia/194143

It's a sauce that showcases the pasta (which is how it's supposed to be), not the other way round, and which you see so often in supposedly 'Italian' restaurants here, with a plateful of sauce and hardly any pasta, especially with lasagne!

You have to use the right butter though, not the British kind, as it's too rich, but something like President or Beurre D'Isigny. We use much cheaper stuff (but just as good quality) from our local Polish supermarket. Also, not too much, just a little to coat the pasta and give the sage something to cling to - last thing you want is the pasta to be swimming in butter (fat)!

Continental butter is lighter in colour and texture/less salty, and has a 'nuttier' flavour, which works better in some dishes, the pasta dish above being a case in point

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, that looks ok... But the price is just CRAZY!

I'm sure a packet of those Tortelloni from Lidl is around £1.20, and I didn't use the whole packet. The sage was free, because it came from our garden, and a big pack of the Polish butter we use is less than a £1, and I only used a couple of knobs [quiet now at the back of the class]

Six minutes cooking and it's done... Plus, most importantly, that sort of sauce needs to be eaten fresh. It doesn't lend itself to being made and left to 'hang around'...

Just shows though how much folks are ripped off with these 'designer' food brands, which operate on massive profit margins! I know it suits you though sometimes, as it's decent and all done for you.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Yeah, that looks ok... But the price is just CRAZY!

I'm sure a packet of those Tortelloni from Lidl is around £1.20, and I didn't use the whole packet. The sage was free, because it came from our garden, and a big pack of the Polish butter we use is less than a £1, and I only used a couple of knobs [quiet now at the back of the class]

Six minutes cooking and it's done... Plus, most importantly, that sort of sauce needs to be eaten fresh. It doesn't lend itself to being made and left to 'hang around'...

Just shows though how much folks are ripped off with these 'designer' food brands, which operate on massive profit margins! I know it suits you though sometimes, as it's decent and all done for you.

Marco.
    totally agree.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Well. as it's Shrove Tuesday (pancake day), Del decided to make some fresh ones, filled with dairy vanilla ice-cream, sprinkled liberally with 'Grade A' Canadian maple syrup, icing sugar, then topped with a sprig of fresh mint:

Bloody lurvely it was... She's got her talents!

Marco.
    Look fab!

Ursula whipped the pan out as well last night and made pancakes - we went with lemon and sugar then Nutella and sliced banana.

We then rounded off with the traditional annual “They were lovely - we really should have them more often” statement. Obviously we never do but the intention is always there...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread