+ Reply to Thread
Page 1071 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 715719711021106110691070107110721073108111211171 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,710 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Whoa, hang on a minute. I’m absolutely with you on bland food and overcooked veg but don’t you dare start dissing our beautiful British stodge!

Lol - some 'stodge' is good, in moderation, just not too often! Repeat after me: A MEAL ISN'T INCOMPLETE WITHOUT MASSES OF CARBS OR PASTRY...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Pasta is simply stodge in disguise. Or very much not in disguise, depending on how it is served.

As is gnocchi.

Anyway, Ramen (stodge) noodles. Where have you been in my life?

I wish I could put into words how good this was. Constructed in a different manner to the way I usually make them, there's more under the cover than you can see.

Bloody fantastic. Best meal for a good while.

I have some liquid Ramen stocks on order direct from Japan. It's been about a month and they are still not here. Very much looking forward to them hoping they will give me some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Pasta is simply stodge in disguise. Or very much not in disguise, depending on how it is served.

As is gnocchi.
    Not if it's done properly... Thing is, you don't eat pasta all the time - you vary your diet, and in Italy pasta (or gnocchi) are never eaten as a main meal, only in small portions, as starters

Noodles look good

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - some 'stodge' is good, in moderation, just not too often! Repeat after me: A MEAL ISN'T INCOMPLETE WITHOUT MASSES OF CARBS OR PASTRY...

Marco.
    All this rhetoric, Marco, and you don't cook.

Explain yourself and your reasoning not to.

It is strange.

I can recommend a normal doctor

Lol - I do cook sometimes, and it's usually pasta!

Also, it's entirely normal for an Italian to be PASSIONATE and knowledgeable about food, whether they cook or not, as it's a *massive* part of their lives and culture. In that respect, it's not uncommon in Italy hearing men standing at bus stops or in trains or cafes talking about food, swapping recipes for pasta sauce, etc.

It's just a way of life

My dad's the same - only learned to cook when my mum died (just 4 years ago), as up until then she (or his mother) did all the cooking... Didn't stop him though talking about and appreciating good food as much as me!

So it may be 'strange' to you, but not to me.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Carbs with a side order of stodge

Lol... The sliced toms dilute the stodge and freshen things up nicely!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Lol... The sliced toms dilute the stodge and freshen things up nicely!

Marco.
    One of my one a day.

Quality... Along with pussy juice? Well, it tastes like melon!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Tony.

Yes - just like..............SPROUTS!

On the stem actually taste sweeter and less like 'bitter cabbage', plus if you add some nutmeg, smother them in good quality butter, then apply some freshly ground pepper, the flavour is further enhanced (or diluted) depending on your viewpoint!

Lol - only problem is that the ensuing soft-sick like consistency, is worse than the taste you're trying to 'wash out'! School dinners, revisited...

In all seriousness though, one of the things I hate about British food (done badly) is the propensity for folk [present company excepted] to boil veg to buggery!! It not only destroys the colour and texture, reducing it to a bland mushy pulp, but almost completely strips it of nutrients!

The best way to cook veg (especially sprouts) is to steam them, pop them into iced water, to preserve their colour and texture, then gently reheat and serve 'al dente', with a nice knob of butter

Good food should ALWAYS primarily be about MAXIMISING FLAVOUR! Plus, tantilising the eyes, as well as the taste buds.

Marco [waging the war against bland food and stodge].
    Spot on with the sprouts although apparently they have been modified over the years to remove the old bitterness that many found intolerable.

I actually love sprouts (precooked and iced) then fried in butter with pancetta or streaky bacon and chestnuts. Bloody scrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread