+ Reply to Thread
Page 1018 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 18518918968100810161017101810191020102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    That looks A.

Marco looks B. Good idea scoring chop fat keeps 'em flat.

Not rating Grant's bet he didn't make it.

I had two apples so far, I'll give that a D-. Just can't be arsed tonight. Had bread for yesterday's supper, breakfast and lunch (beef and horseradish sarnie).
    Bit tight on Grant, he said the bread was fresh so an element was home made & the food was nicely presented & photographed (isn't that the point of this thread?).

Doubt Marco's croquettes or Tony's pasta had been made from scratch (both meals looked delicious by the way as did Grant's).

If this thread is turning into 'Masterchef for hifi aficionados' I'm out & I'm taking me meat & two veg with me

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Bit tight on Grant, he said the bread was fresh so an element was home made & the food was nicely presented & photographed (isn't that the point of this thread?).

Doubt Marco's croquettes or Tony's pasta had been made from scratch (both meals looked delicious by the way as did Grant's).

If this thread is turning into 'Masterchef for hifi aficionados' I'm out & I'm taking me meat & two veg with me
    Indeed.. I'm inclined to agree. Some folk only like to critisize.
    I will I think avoid posting on this and other threads I think.
    Don't want bad blood appearing
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

FFS it was just a bit of fun.

I gave myself a D- didn't I?

Getting a bit sensitive here I feel.

Feel free to tell me my stuff looks shite.

But if you make something, it's only natural to respect it more. Marco has already made that point with Grant. I agree.

Only sorry if you don't see that point Grant.

Carry on posting though we all enjoy seeing what each other has had for tea, whether you made it or not.

I'm Justin.

BTW I spent a lot of effort posting to show Grant how to do bread making Dutch oven method. And how easy it really is.

See above

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Indeed.. I'm inclined to agree. Some folk only like to critisize.
    I will I think avoid posting on this and other threads I think.
    Don't want bad blood appearing
    With respect mate, and I say this as a friend, so you know there is no offence intended, I'm simply being honest, but you do have a tendency to 'run off and take your ball home', when faced with even the tiniest bit of criticism [on any thread], and that helps no-one.

The more constructive thing to do is either to take on board what has been said, if you think the person saying it has a point, or defend yourself accordingly and point out where that person is wrong. But simply giving up and running off in a huff solves nothing.

We should all know each other well enough by now (and our respective 'quirks' and sense of humour) to take a bit of ribbing or banter, and yes a little constructive criticism, without getting all girly about it!

So in that respect, Justers is right. That applies to you too, Roy-Boy [in the nicest possible sense, and yes you have got the fundamental point of this thread].

All said with the best intentions as your friend

So let's all lighten up and not take things (or ourselves) too seriously - it's supposed to be a bit of fun!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    With respect mate, and I say this as a friend, so you know there is no offence intended, I'm simply being honest, but you do have a tendency to 'run off and take your ball home', when faced with even the tiniest bit of criticism [on any thread], and that helps no-one.

The more constructive thing to do is either to take on board what has been said, if you think the person saying it has a point, or defend yourself according and point out where that person is wrong. But simply giving up and running off in a huff solves nothing.

We should all know each other well enough by now (and our respective 'quirks' and sense of humour) to take a bit of ribbing or banter, and yes a little constructive criticism, without getting all girly about it!

So in that respect, Justers is right. That applies to you too, Roy-Boy [in the nicest possible sense, and yes you have got the fundamental point of this thread].

All said with the best intentions as your friend

So let's all lighten up and not take things (or ourselves) too seriously - it's supposed to be a bit of fun!

Marco.
    with respect thats utter tosh mate. i didnt take umbrage. nor have i, the hundred other times. i said id stop on this thread etc as i wanted to avoid bad blood; you seem to want to increase it again.
    as for making bread in a bloody dutch oven, how many times do i have to point out i dont have a cooker nor do i want to make bread i cannot eat.
    as i say, its not of my doing. i dont badmouth anyone, as its not how the forum should work.. anyway i digress.. i dont throw toys from pram, i just do as ive always done.. if folk dont like my input i stop inputting it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    with respect thats utter tosh mate. i didnt take umbrage. nor have i, the hundred other times. i said id stop on this thread etc as i wanted to avoid bad blood; you seem to want to increase it again.
    What bad blood? There isn't any as far as I'm concerned, only a bit of friendly ribbing! So I'm not "increasing" anything; simply telling it as I see it, which I'll always do and won't shy away from

As for you not taking umbrage... You've threatened to stop posting on this thread a few times because I or someone else (this time Justin) has dared to say anything remotely negative about your food or bread. Remember 'slopgate'?

And you stopped posting for a while on the coffee thread because Justers gently poked you about seeing the same latte art... And only this morning you (appear to, correct me if I'm wrong) take the huff on the Covid thread because I commented about doom and gloom...

So if that's not taking umbrage, then what is it?

as for making bread in a bloody dutch oven, how many times do i have to point out i dont have a cooker nor do i want to make bread i cannot eat.
    No idea why you're directing that comment at me, as I've only ever said positive things about your bread.

as i say, its not of my doing. i dont badmouth anyone, as its not how the forum should work.. anyway i digress.. i dont throw toys from pram, i just do as ive always done.. if folk dont like my input i stop inputting it.
    As I've said, I see no evidence whatsoever of "bad mouthing", only friendly banter and sometimes a tiny bit of criticism, which we should all be man enough to take. Did you see me throwing a strop because Justin 'only' awarded my last meal a 'B'? Come on!

And who says folk don't like your input?

Again I see no evidence of that, quite the opposite, but if all you're after is compliments mate, then it's probably best that you don't contribute to this thread. But that doesn't mean I don't want you to [again the VERY opposite], but simply to genuinely avoid bad blood, as that will be happen if you're so sensitive and continue reacting adversely to any tiny bit of criticism.

Again, all said with no offence intended.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

more of same.. i stop posting if folk get fed up with what i post; simples.. i dont get upset .. there was some bad blood appearing imo hence why i said it. And dont give me the looking for compliments and sensitive shite...

time to call it a day i think if thats your opinion of me and my contributions mate.. im not falling out with you or other folk over a few posts.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Dear oh dear... I really don't know what to say, as you can't seem to handle (well-intended) frankness

None of us are perfect mate, least of all me, so when someone rightly criticises our behaviour, but which is clearly well-intended, then we should be thick-skinned enough to take it, and not get touchy about it. Maybe you've woken up in a bad mood....

Anyway, as I said, and will repeat agin, there was no offence [or creating of bad blood] intended, so sorry for upsetting you

However, friends should be able to be honest with each other, and not afraid sometimes to tell each other things that they might not want to hear, if they think it's for their own good.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Even if it was just 'a bit of fun' IMHO I think it was wrong to introduce a scoring system then deem Grant's contribution not even worthy of a rating.

Wouldn't you feel slightly aggrieved?

+ Reply to Thread