+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ebay woes

I'm James.

Default Ebay woes

Good morning, I have recently sold a power amp on Ebay, the buyer says he used it to play a couple of records after which the amp shut down and now wont power on,my guess is he will now want a refund. I cant recall ever having to refund for anything, what's the procedure? Ta Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Kevin.

Has he checked the fuses?
    If it worked, I suspect it is user error, or he is trying to get it for free.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Has he checked the fuses?
    If it worked, I suspect it is user error, or he is trying to get it for free.
    Hi Kevin, I'm wondering if its user error too, before he bought it he asked about a remote!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Apparently the buyer is using a tisbury pre amp, brilliant, he wants to return itthat's £75 in fees I wknt see again
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; Yesterday at 09:31.

I'm Lawrence.

The process is (or was last time I did it) he raises a return on eBay, you accept. I think eBay offer to deal with the postage but it could end up being Hermes or whatever they're called now and there's a good chance it will arrive totally fkd. You can optionally provide a trackable label like Parcelforce but then the onus could be on you to arrange collection which could go wrong if he doesn't want to stay in waiting.

Hopefully eBay gives you the option of selecting Parcelforce or similar rather than the crap default service but you will pay the shipping both ways regardless.

I'm James.

Hello Lawrence, yeah the buyer opened the return which I accepted and I get to refund him when I get it back. The message from Ebay says that if I refund straight away, they close the return and they cant guarantee I'd get it back! Do you know if I lose my Ebay fees now?

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread