+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - I'd love to like porridge, as I know it's good for you, but the only way I can keep it down is when there's no salt [UGH!] been near it, and a touch of cream and whisky (or even Drambuie) added!

Marco [enjoys the luxuries in life].
    See, now you're talking! Generally I have porridge as-is, except around Christmas when you can buy brandy cream, and a dollop (or three...) of that on it sets you up for a cold winter's day!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    See, now you're talking! Generally I have porridge as-is, except around Christmas when you can buy brandy cream, and a dollop (or three...) of that on it sets you up for a cold winter's day!
    I know how to make things tasty, mate, trust me!

Like the idea of the brandy cream. That'd work well

Marco [life's too short for eating boring, bland-tasting food].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Porridge, PERIOD, is just vile!

And before you say it, remember I'm not *really* Scottish

Marco [doesn't do cereals or porridge, and hates milk].
    I'm not Scottish either, but I love porridge, have it every other day for breakfast.

When I was eleven I stayed at a youth hostel at Newlands just outside Keswick with my class from school. At breakfast all the spoilt brats who were used to 'posh' cereals like rice krispies and coco pops wouldn't touch the porridge, so I got seconds and thirds of the stuff every morning. I'd have been fat as a fool if it weren't for all the fell walking.

Then when I was thirteen I stayed at a farm in a place called Skene, just outside Aberdeen. Every morning it was porridge, with salt in it, and no sugar allowed. It was just plain wrong.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Honey's better than sugar in porridge, as it infuses into the mix better and imparts a much nicer taste.

You're funny with the things you consider as "posh". Even back then, I was no stranger to croissants (and pain au chocolat too, as we regularly travelled to France)...

'Coco Pops', and such like, were for when mum was feeling lazy!

One of my favourite breakfasts back then was melted Emmental cheese, with baked beans, served over a nice slice of crusty Italian bread. In fact, I must relive that experience again sometime soon!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Looks like you'll need to buy another bigger pair of trousers!!.
    Came here in 34” waist jeans, leaving in 36” waist (planned ahead). Will watch what I eat for a couple of weeks when I get home & drop the added weight back off. Mexican again tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Came here in 34” waist jeans, leaving in 36” waist (planned ahead). Will watch what I eat for a couple of weeks when I get home & drop the added weight back off. Mexican again tonight
    Was that measurement taken under or OVER your beer belly?

I love my grub, as you can probably tell from this thread, but I'm not sure I could eat as much food as you're currently putting away.

When we go on holiday, we tend to have 'splurges' of big meals, and then switch to salads or sandwiches for a few days, as we quickly get fed up of eating rich food, day in, day out - plus we do a LOT of walking and exercise in between meals. Otherwise, you just feel bloated and uncomfortable

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Was that measurement taken under or OVER your beer belly?

As is traditional under (otherwise my waistband would be just under my armpits)

I'm Geoff.

Can't think what to have later, but as I have a stack of potatoes that need using, it's likely to be something with loads of mash .

A nice cottage pie?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    As is traditional under (otherwise my waistband would be just under my armpits)
    Lol... You'll probably be working it off, with all that 'horizontal jogging' you'll be doing with your lady friend

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread