+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 574575075475555565575585595676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Justin.

It's fruit juice

Everywhere for about £1 to £1.20. About a pint of coconut water in them. Biodegradable. The future .

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Default OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Never tried this before - Basa - a type of catfish apparently, cheap but pretty bland. Livened up with lime, chilli, ginger, garlic & lemongrass and served with smokey sweet potato wedges and steamed veg. Will use a bit more chilli and ginger next time, but not bad for a healthy dinner. (Post holiday and need to lose some pounds!)

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nigel.

Yes, they are Pangasius catfish, very common in Asia, especially Vietnam and Thailand. A mate of mine used to keep them as aquarium catfish, they can grow to a decent size.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Never tried this before - Basa - a type of catfish apparently, cheap but pretty bland. Livened up with lime, chilli, ginger, garlic & lemongrass and served with smokey sweet potato wedges and steamed veg. Will use a bit more chilli and ginger next time, but not bad for a healthy dinner. (Post holiday and need to lose some pounds!)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Yes, they are Pangasius catfish, very common in Asia, especially Vietnam and Thailand. A mate of mine used to keep them as aquarium catfish, they can grow to a decent size.
    Which can provoke allergic reactions in some people. I'd be cautious about serving it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Pasta and sausage tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    bacon looks nice n crispy... proper cooking
    Grant those sausages were alien. Taste sensation sent from Satan. Dreadful.

Gloucester Old Spot. In its varying different incarnations the British seem to be able to bang out a quality product under that name.

I'm Justin.

£3. Really. And awesome. Olive oil from another planet.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What is it? 'Cos it sure ain't pizza!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, which is the main thing. I enjoyed watching the video of Rio you linked me to, showing all the street food and stuff. Have you been down getting much of that action, and sampling the sights and delights of REAL Brazil?

Rio beach looked a tad disappointing for me... The beach itself is nice, but totally spoiled, IMO, by those high-rise apartments behind! Talk about concrete monstrosities destroying nature But I suppose that's just how it is in many places these days...

Anyway dude, hope you're having fun

Marco.

P.S Are you packing some coffee beans to bring home? That would be top on my list!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

I just LURVE your presentation, Alex - the lemon twist adds that touch of class and displays your renowned '80s-boy' signature!

Marco.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Ha ha! Another first for me tonight - smoked haddock and spinach kedgeree with a coddled egg - was bloody gorgeous if I do say so myself!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread