+ Reply to Thread
Page 1328 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 32882812281278131813261327132813291330133813781428 ... LastLast
Results 13,271 to 13,280 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I don’t really do New Year’s Resolutions but I am aiming to use the Foodi more this year. I got a recipe book for Christmas, unfortunately it’s complete shite (pigeon English, actually maybe just pigeon? Completely unreadable) but will find another one or search online.

Any road up, today was roast gammon, with maple and marmalade sauce. Wouldn’t bother with the sauce again, as a bit too sweet for my taste but enjoyable nonetheless.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I don’t really do New Year’s Resolutions but I am aiming to use the Foodi more this year. I got a recipe book for Christmas, unfortunately it’s complete shite (pigeon English, actually maybe just pigeon? Completely unreadable) but will find another one or search online.

Any road up, today was roast gammon, with maple and marmalade sauce. Wouldn’t bother with the sauce again, as a bit too sweet for my taste but enjoyable nonetheless.

looks great alex. ham looks delicate

this book is pretty decent i think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Foodi...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

this one seems to get decent reviews too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GXMRH...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Last edited by struth; 01-01-2022 at 17:09.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

talking of ham, i read last week someone complained to the supermarket that their turkey crown was pink and ruined their xmas..

they shop tried to explain the turkey was a ham
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post

Looks great Alex. Like you I wouldn't bother with the sauce. I would use freshly-made English mustard.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Today’s ham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Today’s ham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another nice ham. We always had steak pie on 1st Jan. A trad Scottish thing I believe.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Another nice ham. We always had steak pie on 1st Jan. A trad Scottish thing I believe.
    Having the steak pie tomorrow.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Having the steak pie tomorrow.
    i do like a nice pie; especially homemade. but im too immobile now to make them and being on own its not worth effort. the little charlie bigham individual pies are a decent substitute, but dont see them much now.

enjoy your pie robin
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i do like a nice pie; especially homemade. but im too immobile now to make them and being on own its not worth effort. the little charlie bigham individual pies are a decent substitute, but dont see them much now.

enjoy your pie robin
    Cheers Grant
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Wild boar and apple sausages, boiled potatoes, carrots, sugar-snap peas, leeks, broccoli and (tinned) sweetcorn niblets. With a little freshly made English mustard on the side.

2018 Château Bois de Galet, Bordeaux. (50% Merlot, 20% Malbec, 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. 14.5% ABV)

Fresh Mango and Mandarin with single cream for pudding.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread