+ Reply to Thread
Page 995 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995996997100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 14760

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice... San Marzano are the real deal for making quality tomato pasta sauce
    Yup, precisely why i chose to grow them this year.

P.S Sometimes adding a little highly-concentrated tomato puree to the sauce (if you haven't done so already) adds a touch of sharpness, to balance out the natural sweetness of fresh tomatoes, and accentuates the tomato flavour.
    Nope, not adding anything that isn’t home grown.
    If i start adding commercial products then i may as well have bought the sauce from a supermarket in the first place.
    I’ve no idea how many fresh home grown tomato sauces you’ve made, but mine certainly needs nothing to accentuate the flavour other than the fresh Basil, onion & garlic.
    That said, when the next batch comes on song, i’ll roast the tomatoes instead of chucking them in a pot and add a splash of white wine with the alcohol burnt off first, which is what i always use when making any meat sauce.

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Another Waga recipe modified slightly.

The key ingredient making this so good was the sausage. Looks like chorizo but tastes quite different. Pricey, discounted and still pricey, but worth it. Great stuff.

Egg, brown sugar, garlic, chilli, Pak Choi, soy, beansprouts, chicken etc.
    Now that i'm going to have a crack at!
    It's easy to make the classics, but i feel more effort is required on my part.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Nope, not adding anything that isn’t home grown.
    If i start adding commercial products then i may as well have bought the sauce from a supermarket in the first place.
    I’ve no idea how many fresh home grown tomato sauces you’ve made, but mine certainly needs nothing to accentuate the flavour other than the fresh Basil, onion & garlic.
    Lol - well in terms of my Italian mother and grandmother in Italy, probably more than you've had hot dinners!

I'm only talking about a teaspoon full, as both always did, and to my palate works nicely, in the way described. Anyway, it's up to you. However, if you're seeking authenticity, then white wine should never go near a tomato pasta sauce!

You still haven't said how you're going to serve it (with which type of pasta)? In any case, I look forward to seeing the finished results

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice ... soak up the juices with the bread.. lovely
    Cheers, mate was great!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Oooh nice, did the same myself with aubergine the other day. Also had a nice chargrilled zucchini, walnut and pair salad with a balsamic dressing. Was yums.
    Cheers, Tony. Yeah, aubergine would also work well!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Looks great I might try and make something similar soon.
    Churz, dude... Yeah, defo, go for it! I like the look of that pasta with salsiccia piccante. It's a classic ingredient used in southern Italy, but also in the north, as we also have it in Tuscany, but it's not quite as hot.

If you can find a good Italian deli near you, they'll sell it fresh, and when adding it to, say, a ragu sauce with some pappardelle, it's sensational! Rather like the difference between using guanciale, as opposed to just ordinary pancetta, when making carbonara

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

However, if you're seeking authenticity, then white wine should never go near a tomato pasta sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    and add a splash of white wine with the alcohol burnt off first, which is what i always use when making any meat sauce.
    Meat sauce, not pasta sauce.
    Keep up at the back

Ok, but that's not really clear when reading this sentence:

Quote Originally Posted by In the Sticks
    That said, when the next batch comes on song, i’ll roast the tomatoes instead of chucking them in a pot and add a splash of white wine with the alcohol burnt off first, which is what i always use when making any meat sauce.
    That sounds like you're saying with the next batch of tomato sauce you make, you'll be adding a splash or white wine to it, as you ALSO do when making a meat sauce. Therefore, white wine is being added to both.

Oh, and again if you want to be authentic and are adding wine to a meat sauce (which many Italians don't) then it should be red wine, preferably something like a good Chianti. But, if you prefer the flavour white wine imparts, then that's all that matters!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

Ok, but that's not really clear when reading this sentence:

That sounds like you're saying with the next batch of tomato sauce you make, you'll be adding a splash or white wine to it, as you ALSO do when making a meat sauce. Therefore, white wine is being added to both.

Oh, and again if you want to be authentic and are adding wine to a meat sauce (which many Italians don't) then it should be red wine, preferably something like a good Chianti. But, if you prefer the flavour white wine imparts, then that's all that matters!

Marco.
    Next
    time
    i cook
    a meat
    sauce
    i’ll
    use
    white
    wine
    cos
    it’s
    authentic
    innit

No
    red
    wine
    just
    no.

I also like to use lambs liver and smoked bacon in a decent bolognese but thats for another day.

Lol - then it isn't an authentic Bolognaise/ragu, it's simply a Jonny-boy special!

Doesn't mean that it won't be tasty, though! I'm sure it would be. Btw, have you tried using veal mince, as well as pork and beef mince, in your Bolognaise sauce? That makes all the difference, and is generally what's used in Italy: a combo of all three types of meat

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread