+ Reply to Thread
Page 687 of 735 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 7348

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

Very nice... A bit too fancy for trash like me tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Geoff.

Mmm. The scoff looks tasty!
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Jon.

It was meant be a decent celebratory meal, but unfortunately a little too much booze was imbibed as the results rolled in early today (so much so i was falling over at lunchtime) so the butter and parsley sauce was forgotten and possibly other stuffs.
    The idea was lobster tail with smoked paprika, lime and a smattering of garlic with a Savoy cabbage parcel filled with strong cheddar, smoked bacon and mash, along with Celeadine sautéed spud chunks, honey roast parsnips and something else i’ve forgotten.
    Tasted good though.

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It was Del's birthday today, so took her for a 'posh' afternoon tea... Walking down the historic town centre of Chester:

Beautiful and historic Chester Cathedral:

Destination reached...

Nicely decorated outside:

Relaxing inside the Arkle bar and lounge, in rather convivial surroundings with a glass of champers and some strawberries and cream:

What's coming next on the menu (for me - Del had veggie stuff))...

Floured bloomer, crispy haddock, tartare sauce.
    Open rye, roast beef, pastrami, mustard and pickles.
    Baked pork and apple savoury.
    Appleby’s Cheshire cheese.
    Freshly baked plain and fruit scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserve.
    Freshly brewed Tea and Coffee.

Cakes, Del's sarnies and (Darjeeling) tea arrive and are quickly scoffed, lol (nice touch with the chocolate Happy Birthday card and candle) :

Check out the "floured bloomer, crispy haddock and tartare sauce". Nice close-up:

There's basically a whole piece of fish in there... Absolutely scrummy, as was the beef (should've taken a pic)! Never had this quality of food before in an afternoon tea. Not cheap, but bloody good, and we both had a very enjoyable afternoon

Marco.
    That sounds and looks utterly divine.

And happy birthday to Del!
    Adam.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Looks great Marco
    Cheers mate, it was great!

Marco.
    Graham Peck, Knutkullavägen 15, 81569 Månkarbo, Uppsala, Sweden is an Internet troll. Report him (and his illegal, vile racist and abusive behaviour on Snakeoilaudio.com), should you be appalled by it, or a victim.

The garden shed in my avatar is the property at the above address, should anyone wish to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Very nice... A bit too fancy for trash like me tho
    Nah, you'd have made a great waiter in your new pea jacket!

Marco.
    Graham Peck, Knutkullavägen 15, 81569 Månkarbo, Uppsala, Sweden is an Internet troll. Report him (and his illegal, vile racist and abusive behaviour on Snakeoilaudio.com), should you be appalled by it, or a victim.

The garden shed in my avatar is the property at the above address, should anyone wish to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    That sounds and looks utterly divine.

And happy birthday to Del!
    Cheers, Adam. I passed that on and she said thanks! And yes it was utterly divine... If you ever find yourself in Chester, I thoroughly recommend popping into the Grosvenor for an Indulgent Afternoon Tea!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Chicken n chips... No basket
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

Your chips look great mate, but soz I can't go that very dry-looking breast of chicken, with no sauce (and I don't mean ketchup), herbs or gravy on it you eat. It just doesn't look very appetising....

Marco.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We were at London Bridge today near The Shard and fancied having lunch at somewhere special. So thought we would try one of restaurants situated within the Shard. Bad idea - to get in you have to go through an airport style security search, staffed by scowling, unhelpful, if not rude, personnel, followed by aloof, unsmiling maitre d's at all of the restaurants themselves. Not surprisingly we went elsewhere to eat.

As it was freezing cold, we started with French Onion Soup followed by Cassoulet de Toulouse, finishing with Tarte Au Citron.
    (Images to follow - they're on Happy's smartphone at the moment)

Washed down with a 2108 Chateau Le Croix de Queynac, Bordeaux.

Barry

+ Reply to Thread