+ Reply to Thread
Page 1405 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 4059051305135513951403140414051406140714151455 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,050 of 14762

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Braised steak, veg and Yorkshire done in foodi

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Fried eggs and baked beans on toast.

Not my usual choice for dinner (though I do like baked beans (Heinz, of course)), but I had a gastroscopy examination this afternoon, and was advised to eat something 'soft' later (and baked beans on toast was suggested).

Having a gastoscopic examination is not the most comfortable of procedures, but I was given a clean bill of health, and copies of the photographs they took of my gullet and stomach. I could let you see the remains of breakfast in my stomach, but this is not the correct place (if any) to post.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Something a little more conventional for me:

Margharita pizza with mixed vegetables.

Quick and easy, but still a bit of a cheat: the pizza was bought and the veg frozen.

A large orange for dessert, and washed down with a couple of glasses of 2019 Château D'Arsac, Margaux Grand Vin de Bordeaux- Médoc

Barry

I'm Mike.

Leek and gruyere omelette for breakfast, taste ee
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Apple pie and double cream
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Broken my no/low carb/sugar diet and bolted to the local Sainsburys for beer, crisps, and ready meals, fucking carb loader!! First drink in 3 weeks, second drink in 6 weeks, not bad for someone who used to drink 3/4/5/6/7 nights a week.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Broken my no/low carb/sugar diet and bolted to the local Sainsburys for beer, crisps, and ready meals, fucking carb loader!! First drink in 3 weeks, second drink in 6 weeks, not bad for someone who used to drink 3/4/5/6/7 nights a week.
    well done.. im still off the whisky.. been trying to just eat protein for most part but needless to say ive cracked a few times re that lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    well done.. im still off the whisky.. been trying to just eat protein for most part but needless to say ive cracked a few times re that lol
    I can go about a week with no bread then I start craving it. It's carbs what make you fat (not an issue for me), but I'm trying a no grain/ low dairy diet for health reasons. On the plus side I look forward to big steaks and more inventive cooking with veg and just new foods I've never tried before. A typical dinner for me now is roast chicken on a bed of sliced fennel with side of veg, don;t need any more.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I can go about a week with no bread then I start craving it. It's carbs what make you fat (not an issue for me), but I'm trying a no grain/ low dairy diet for health reasons. On the plus side I look forward to big steaks and more inventive cooking with veg and just new foods I've never tried before. A typical dinner for me now is roast chicken on a bed of sliced fennel with side of veg, don;t need any more.
    i mostly eat chicken and fish; occasional steak etc.. reduced my pasta and potato input a fair bit. bread has to be gluten free alas and its difficult to get anything that is eatable... milk too has to be lactose free. both recent issues.

just made some lactose free ice cream and its in little pots in freezer for treats.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Was in town today and got parked outside the good butcher/deli

Got this among other things.
    A steak and gravy pie

Not had one of these for a while
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread