+ Reply to Thread
Page 1043 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310411042104310441045105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

A variation on hairy bikers spanish chicken (no chorizo, cooked rice instead of potatoes & a bit of cheese thrown in)

I'm Justin.

Wagamama Sweet & Sour beef recipe from Ways With Noodles. I added mushrooms and used a lot more fresh garlic and ginger than prescribed. Made with nicely marbled sirloin steak.

The unchopped coriander pile was excellent just eaten by itself between mouthfuls.

One of the best things I have eaten in a long while.

Followed by Darjeeling with milk and sweet stuff

I'm sorted.

So smarties don't come in those tubes anymore? What's the world coming to, used to enjoy stamping on the empty tube and firing the lid across the room.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Love it. Some flans Del made earlier... One tomato, basil, creme-fraiche, and pesto. and the other caramelised onions, sauteed courgettes, oregano and feta.

Raw:

And cooked:

Went nice with a crisp, chilled, Sauvignon Blanc

Marco.
    I like a nice tart every now and then

Looks good, and usually very easy to make.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    So smarties don't come in those tubes anymore? What's the world coming to, used to enjoy stamping on the empty tube and firing the lid across the room.
    Nah Roy. It's a real pisser!

I'm brian.

preferred the square boxes... you could get more in em.

I'm Tony.

Last night’s Paella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Last night’s Paella.

I have to ask - have you trained as a chef or is all this self taught?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I have to ask - have you trained as a chef or is all this self taught?
    Haha no, I’ve been cooking since the age of about 12 though. Always had a keen interest in different cuisines such as Italian and Japanese.

Through the years I’ve picked up lots of useful advice and influences from my sister’s side (her hubby is Italian and she’s lived in Switzerland/France most of her life), and my friend Rob (who’s family and food culture is Basque), we’ve cooked side-by-side and shared ideas over the years.

I’ve read a lot of cookbooks over the years too, but generally do my own thing these days, picking up ideas from the internet and putting my own twist on things sometimes.

My own preferences are for ‘peasant food’ (the Italian “cucina povera”) as these tend to maximise taste and minimise waste; tried and tested through the years and free from needless extravagance and effort.

I just love food really, I suspect some of that is due to growing up and being around people who love food as well.

I’m definitely live to eat rather than eat to live

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Managed to aquire some spuds so homemade chips
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread