+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916997007017027037117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

Not sure now what im making with it. I had an idea when i bought it but like many things, its gone lol.
    I will think of summat. Tastes heavenly barf or no
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Pork and chips. Very nice it is too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Have had a bit of a break from cooking this Christmas, have quite enjoyed everybody else doing all the work!

Back in the kitchen this morning though, for freshly baked Danish Pastry (made the dough yesterday).

Almond Danish at the back, Apple Danish with Roasted Hazelnuts at the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ok folks, hope you all enjoyed your lunches today and have had a lovely day. Some quick snaps of our scran:

To begin with some homemade canapés:

First course: prawn and lobster cocktail (all fresh from out local fishmonger) with Del's homemade cocktail sauce:

Main course: Fresh Gressingham goose with all the usual trimmings and homemade gravy (made with juice from the bird, various fresh herbs and port)...

Goose just out the oven:

On the table with everything else, and dad tucking in:

Some vino:

And dessert (homemade chocolate Torrone, with pistachios, hazelnuts and cranberries):

All was scrummy and went down well!

Marco.
    Finally getting round to looking and commenting on all the great food on here!

Goose looks great, and particularly like the look of the Torrone. I’m not usually big on desserts (believe it or not) but that looks right up my street in terms of flavours.

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks good
    Looks great! Really fancied some lasagne lately, but never got round to it. Maybe see in the New Year?

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    And done... With just a touch of goose fat left over for future use

Top job!

I'm Grant.

Some 20% fat minced lamb. Browning with a mix of peanut and red palm oil
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ready for oven.. Shepherds pie

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ready for oven.. Shepherds pie

There’s Roy’s portion, where’s yours?

Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Tastes great
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread