+ Reply to Thread
Page 795 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2956957457857937947957967978058458951295 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Andre.

Dont Del fancy being a Chef?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol, thanks. We've talked about opening up a restaurant before, but it's just a bit too demanding, being constantly at the beck and call of the public.

However, what we probably will do when Del retires (in 3 years max) is turn our garage into a centrally-heated large dining room, a) so we can keep a big dining table up in there permanently, which seats around 8 people and makes it easier to host dinner parties, and b) so it can be turned into a 'pop up' restaurant, which we can advertise and open to the public, say twice a week (Friday and Saturdays), where we'll simply serve food from our kitchen, and I'll be in charge of drinks and 'front of house', as I'm good with customers.

We've got parking for around 12 cars, within our grounds, so it could work nicely and at least pay the bills, whist keeping our savings for enjoying some nice holidays, etc

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You know my mantra, daftee..... Nothing's 'fattening' if you don't have it all the time!

Looks decent, Roy-boy!

Do you have an opportunity to visit Marigot Bay? That's where Del's cousin lives. It's supposed to be really nice

Marco.
    We went to a viewpoint overlooking the bay, what a lovely place to live.

Yeah mate, they love it. They own various apartments/properties there :http://marigothill.com/apartment4f.htm

Next time you fancy St Lucia, give me a shout. Sure I could get you a good deal

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Today's lunch will be scallops and prawns in a creamy lobster sauce, to start, followed by pan-fried veal escalopes in a fresh lemon/butter sauce, served with fresh spinach, other seasonal veg and Hasselback potatoes...

Pics to follow!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah mate, they love it. They own various apartments/properties there :http://marigothill.com/apartment4f.htm

Next time you fancy St Lucia, give me a shout. Sure I could get you a good deal

Marco.
    Cheers, we’re back there in September but staying at Sandals, Halcyon Bay.

Last nights lamb souvlaki

A baked potato with Lamb Souvlaki... Interesting combo! Looks pretty good, though

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Lunch yesterday in Glasgow, Ribeye for me and fish ,for the wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Forgot to take a pic of the starter, but here's the veal main course:

Was lovely!

Marco.
    Main System

Where were you, Robin? And is that some sauce I spy there?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread