+ Reply to Thread
Page 569 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 694695195595675685695705715796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    will remember the garnish for next time! The eggs are done in a coddler which is much easier to control when you’re trying to cook and serve 4 different meals! I do sometimes properly poach them but coddling is the easier option and you don’t lose half the white which I sometimes do poaching. Was supposed to be a relatively healthy brunch (no sausage or hash browns or black pudding) but it probably isn’t that healthy but was very tasty!
    Haha - totally understood. I just find that the white comes a bit too thick and 'rubbery', for my liking, when coddled. But getting poached eggs right can be tricky.

I like them when they come out like this, and in the poaching process they've been slightly 'quenelled', if you're familiar with that term?

Yolk's got to be nice and runny too, so you can dip in your buttered 'soldiers'!!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Marco will be slashing his wrists
    Lol - I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, *but* I can imagine it was tasty, as the quality of the ingredients would make it so. WAY too stodgy for me, though!

I guess the Scottish equivalent would be the same, only on top of a massive tatty scone!

Marco.

I'm Tony.

Mini Apple Pies made with Orange Juice Pastry. Taking some round to my youngest lad’s tomorrow (together with a 7 hour brisket chilli).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

Keeping it simple today.

Fish fingers, boiled spuds & fried tomatoes. Followed with melon, black grapes and strawberries with a little dribble of raspberry syrup.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Nice, Geoff. Not had fish fingers since I was at school!

Marco.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Can’t beat a fish finger sandwich with loads of vinegar on them.

Smoked salmon and prawn salad for lunch with olive bread. Nice.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Justin.

Last night's street food.

That's a flamed pulled beef and caramelized onion burger. The Vulcano.

We thought it might be spicy but they don't really do spicy food here according to the hotel chef. Of course you can get it. But it isn't the norm.

It was very good indeed. That's our burger (or sandwich, really) getting flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Can’t beat a fish finger sandwich with loads of vinegar on them.

Smoked salmon and prawn salad for lunch with olive bread. Nice.

Nice. I like your pickles! Bread looks good, too

As it's Sunday, today for lunch I'm having some chicken-liver pâté with tomato chilli jam and homemade melba toast, to start, followed by Welsh double-lamb cutlets (from our local butcher, which he sources from a farm just up the road), chargrilled on the BBQ (it's a lovely warm, sunny day here, so will be eating al fresco), served with homemade mint sauce (with fresh mint from our garden) various fresh veg and homemade Dauphinoise potatoes.

It'll either be washed down with a bottle of Rioja Riserva (Marques de Riscal) or a nice Médoc... Haven't decided yet!

Will post some pics later

Marco.

Those hotdogs look out of this world, Justers!

The burgers, less so, but I'm sure they were still great... I'm just more of a (quality) hotdog, than a burger man. Bet the vibe was great there at night! Beer also looks good

Marco.

I'm Justin.

I didn't go for the hotdogs because all the sausage so far I haven't been able to eat. It tastes like shit and nothing like I have tasted elsewhere.

I really wanted to take the risk...

+ Reply to Thread