+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 674675175575655665675685695776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 14743

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm sorted.

Just back from a surfeit of Guinness followed by a decent curry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Would love to taste the 20 year old
    I bet you would, but would she let you?

Marco.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Just back from a surfeit of Guinness followed by a decent curry
    Lol - so how much of that so far has ended up down the pan?

Marco.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - so how much of that so far has ended up down the pan?

Marco.
    Just having a nightcap or two. Chinese next week apparently? then I'm off to Barbados for an all inclusive break from 17th (so much for the weight I lost..)

Our resort https://sugarbaybarbados.com/

I'm Grant.

Would love to taste the 20 year old
    It's very nice. Expensive tho. serve good bourbon warm. it does help it, but imo 20y is a bit too old for bourbon. was very rich
    Last edited by struth; 07-09-2019 at 07:38.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    It's very nice. Expensive tho. serve good bourbon warm. it does help it, but imo 20y is a bit too old for bourbon. was very rich
    Not only expensive but hard to find.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Not only expensive but hard to find.
    it was an importer on south coast that i dealt with . he got lots of nice stuff in back then that nobody else did. He used to send me a mixed case every now and then of my fav plus anything i'd not tried. Still got a bottle of George Dickel no12 lying there from all those years ago. its nice too, although sippin' whiskey tbh.. needs air but it can be nice... I used to split the bottle 50/50 in a decanter and leave them for a while to breathe.. made them much better.. I might add the pappy wasnt as expensive as it will be now.. think it was a couple of hundred
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

My bottle of dickel. Label has changed a bit but this was how it was then

ive none left but my fav was Weller wheated bourbon..

Last edited by struth; 07-09-2019 at 08:24.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    My bottle of dickel. Label has changed a bit but this was how it was then

ive none left but my fav was Weller wheated bourbon..

Not tried the Weller wheated, the last time I was in the States, I asked the guy in the Liquer store about bottles of Pappy and he just laughed.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

last time i looked pappy was over a grand. but years ago there wasnt so much interest in fancy bourbon, especially over here. none of the supermarkets sold any, bar jd. Guy is dead and shop gone but he was a wine merchant mostly, but dabbled in american spirits as he was keen on it too. said he had had the bottle sitting for years so i got it cheap.. the cork broke off trying to get it out, it had dried out. kinda spoilt the day but it didnt affect the product too much .I had to decant through a fine sieve and clean bottle ot.. then put it back and find a cork that fitted... Still it was fun. never have that kind of enjoyment again
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread