+ Reply to Thread
Page 475 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 3754254654734744754764774855255759751475 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Glad to hear that you eat fruit. Haven't seen much evidence of it here, though!

What about greens, or salads, which are *very* good for you and can also be tasty... Few folks here seem to 'go there', apart from myself, Ivo and Tony. Let's see some more green on the food posted here - I'm starting a campaign on it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Brekky really but what ho.

Crispies, rasps and garden rhubarb
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Good stuff! You should chop some banana in there, too. The Potassium is good for your heart/blood pressure. They also give you energy, and combat fart gas

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

have to be careful with bananas as they can constipate unless very ripe. but i do like them... banana bread is quite nice; my neighbour makes it a lot when she has excess.
    I like green beans, snap peas a lot. a bit of spinich too if cooked right. salad, na!, thats for rabbits.. tomatos are great, especially home grown....I miss my greenhouse a lot... peppers too are delish, also carrots.. Usually steam veg to keep the nutrients in and they are sweeter too.
    Fruit is usually rasps strawberries melon mango pineapple...are my favs.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    have to be careful with bananas as they can constipate unless very ripe. but i do like them... banana bread is quite nice; my neighbour makes it a lot when she has excess.
    I like green beans, snap peas a lot. a bit of spinich too if cooked right. salad, na!, thats for rabbits.. tomatos are great, especially home grown....I miss my greenhouse a lot... peppers too are delish, also carrots.. Usually steam veg to keep the nutrients in and they are sweeter too.
    Fruit is usually rasps strawberries melon mango pineapple...are my favs.
    Nah, not at all. That's probably because you've never had a really good one! Unfortunately, the UK is about the worst place for salads...

A few bits of limp lettuce, soggy cucumber and watery, tasteless tomato (because it's not been properly ripened by the sun, so is more acidic than sweet], devoid of any dressing, does not make a salad. I could do you some that would blow your mind... Remember too, that a 'salad' doesn't need to consist of lettuce!

And at this time of the year, salads compliment barbecued meats really well. Done right, you don't know what you're missing!

In terms of veg, what about broccoli? Try it stir-fried with garlic, ginger and soy sauce, or asparagus. Both are extremely good for you

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

not keen on broccoli. its all wrong can eat it at a pinch tho. i like a nice lettuce ham and tomato sarnie tho. crisp lettuce, not salad cream or the like. That stuff is horrible
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Absolutely, and the quality of the lettuce itself has a big impact on the taste... The reason why the majority of lettuce sold in supermarket tastes of hee-haw, is because it's DEAD. You need to choose the LIVING varieties, which are still growing and packed full of nutrients, and therefore tastes of something!

This is what we buy from supermarkets (but prefer to get similar from a greengrocer or farm market): https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb...-living-salads

And this is what REAL lettuce leaves look like, and what REAL salads are about: https://www.livingsalads.co.uk/

Those are the only leaves worth eating [not the shite sold in bags], and seasoned properly with some rock salt and freshly ground black pepper, then liberally drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and white or red wine vinegar [cider vinegar is a fav of mine], all tossed together, tastes simply wonderful.

I wouldn't touch salad cream with a bargepole. Good quality mayo [not low-calorie shit] or sour cream is the way to go, if you want a creamy hit.

I'm having some of those leaves today for lunch, prepared as outlined, with the chargrilled chicken I showed earlier. It's another cracking day here, weather wise, so it'll be the perfect outdoor lunch later

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...butter isn't seen past breakfast time, until again the following morning.

Marco.
    Eh? So are you saying that if you have some lovely new potatoes with dinner, you don’t put butter on them?

What kind of monster are you?!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Lol... No, of course not. I'm talking about on bread. In most parts of Europe, butter (on bread) is a breakfast thing only. At all other times, bread is eaten without it, usually on its own or rubbed with some garlic and sprinkled with a bit of olive oil and salt.

Next time you're having lunch in a restaurant in Italy, try asking for some butter, along with the bread that accompanies their pasta dishes, and see the looks you get!!

But then, we don't eat 'UK sliced loaf', sold here in supermarkets, which is an affront to REAL bread [instead ciabatta, baguette , or some other form of locally-sourced thick crusty bread], so there is no need to butter it, in order to make it worthwhile eating

There you go, something else you've learned today!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not keen on broccoli.
    Went off it myself. Don't mind a bit in with cauliflower cheese, but otherwise no.

Same for sweetcorn too. the only time I eat it now is with a salad.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread