+ Reply to Thread
Page 1315 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 31581512151265130513131314131513161317132513651415 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,150 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

Penne meatballs.

fabulous
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Penne meatballs.

fabulous
    Steak pie for us today
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Steak pie for us today
    I see no pie.
    I do like a good steak pie and also a steak pudding with just a little small cut kidney for flavour.
    I used to make the puds when younger. Marvelous things.lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Firecracker chicken and fragrant rice.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Oxtail stew, trying to perfect it, any tips? I use less carrots as it makes it too sweet, more onion as it brings out meaty flavour, a single star anise - a tip from a chef recipe I read, pretty basic really, lowish heat - 3 hours, I think first off making a tasty beef stock is important, but not that easy, as butchers don;t realyl sell beef bones, only marrow bones, which don;t have enough meat scraps on them to make a tasty stock. Made 3 times now, last one had the best flavour, but too much fat, hard really with this cut, its only a freaking tail! Yet its still about £10 - £15 a kilo.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Buy or make up some nice beef stock. Add wine, herbs and veg. Chopped oxtail, maybe tomatoes and salt n pepper. Celery maybe. Whatever you fancy cook it long and slow. Stock you can buy or even use good quality cubes.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

I think that I would go for some celery in the stock or stew.
    Also cook, chill, scrape off fat from top - should solidify nicely.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I think that I would go for some celery in the stock or stew.
    Also cook, chill, scrape off fat from top - should solidify nicely.
    Yeh used a stick or two, have to be careful with carrots as they make it too sweet. Just trying to perfect making beef stock today, not quite as straight forward as it sounds. Trying to get beef bones is the hardest bit.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Beef shin today, with copious amounts of small onions left whole, cinnamon, red wine, no carrot or celery, see how it tastes tomorrow. Found a butcher in Brighton where all the beef on display was nice and dark, well marbled, they have beef bones too, though I had to buy some chuck steak to add some meat to it, as bones alone don;t yield enough flavour, this stock can end up being quite expensive. I fancy pigs trotters next chinese style.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's been cold today, so some winter soup:

Bouillon made from potato, onion, ginger, with carrot, green beans, leek, 'chestnut' mushroom, smoked back bacon and fuselli pasta.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread