+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 584 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 5836

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quite right to make use of your bus pass, dude, especially where you are. I've got a few years to go, to qualify! Although, I'm not big on using public transport. No need to round here, as there's not much traffic, and it's nice to be able to come and go as you please, without having to stick to someone else's timetable

Marco.

I'm Grant.

I couldn't get on/off a bus alas. I could get a pass but no point
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tired.

I like buses, other half calls me a

And Grant buses round here can lower themselves to kerb level to accommodate people with walkers, scooters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

They don't here. Even if bus has it. Same with trains now. They won't wait for you to sit either. And I couldn't walk or stand with bus in motion so would never get off.. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I like buses, other half calls me a

And Grant buses round here can lower themselves to kerb level to accommodate people with walkers, scooters etc.
    Lol... I love driving (nice cars) too much! My granddad's last car was a Lancia Beta, at the ripe old age of 88, and my dad's still driving (from Wrexham to Glasgow) himself, at the age of 86, so driving is in our blood. I'd only over use a bus or train if there was no other option, or it was the sensible thing to do, say when in a large city (which I don't frequent very often).

Marco.

I'm tired.

Should qualify things to say I'm on meds that knock me for six sometimes (I have to time when I drive) & my driving licence is reviewed every three years

I'm Grant.

Enjoy driving too, but struggle to sit for a long time and then can't walk when I get out.
    Used to do over 400mls a day some days for years.
    Company car would go round clock 2 or 3 times in its 3/4 year life. It was like triggers broom in the end.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Should qualify things to say I'm on meds that knock me for six sometimes (I have to time when I drive) & my driving licence is reviewed every three years
    Ah, no worries Roy, sorry to hear that. Luckily [touch wood] I'm blessed with good health, so take no tablets or meds and am almost never ill. All the red wine I drink must flush out my system!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Enjoy driving too, but struggle to sit for a long time and then can't walk when I get out.
    Used to do over 400mls a day some days for years.
    Company car would go round clock 2 or 3 times in its 3/4 year life. It was like triggers broom in the end.
    Lol... When I was a salesman with a company car, and also at the height of my own art/framing business, I used to drive a similar mileage. Would think nothing of finishing work at 7pm in, say, Dundee (having already driven 100s of miles that day selling and delivering stuff in that area), then drive home to Glasgow, and do the same thing again next day at 8am, sometimes 6 days a week.

Thank fuck though, I no longer have to do that!

Marco.

Returning to the subject of 'nicely set' dining tables [ones I would enjoy sitting at having a meal], this is my idea of such... Either this:

Only with full claret jugs!

Or something rather less lavish, more practical and country/rustic in style:

Or more likely this, which is a toned-down, less ostentatious (arguably more tasteful) version of the first one:

No bling in sight. For me, that's just lovely, and the height of good taste!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread