+ Reply to Thread
Page 1037 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 37537937987102710351036103710381039104710871137 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,370 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Jeremy.

Can you guys help me figure out how to roast vegetables well? They always turn out horrible for me... following online instructions has gone no where for me.

The last thing I tried was cooking at 250, but to get them soft at all it'd take untold hours. At 1.5-2 hours I called it and turned up the temp and then they got dried out. When I try the normal like 375-425 they get shriveled before they seem done...

I'm Grant.

could par boil them first i guess. thats what i do with potatoes. boil for about 4/5 mins.. then drain and put into a tray with hot oil.. then turn them and baste them regularly. other veg i guess could be adapted too. but there are plenty better cooks here than me
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jeremy.

Funny enough potatoes are one I don't do.

Might work for some things pretty well, and keep them hydrated better. Thanks

I'm guy.

Do you mean root vegetables? if so no real idea apart from parsnips- only take about 30/40 minutes at 190c (I tend to arrange them around a roasting chicken, as they get coated in oil/juices that way).

Otherwise we do tomato/sweet peppers/mushrooms/onion drizzled with olive oil and cloves of garlic for about half an hour at 200c, bit of a grind of black pepper and keep an eye on them. spoon hot olive oil infused with the garlic (from the baking tray) about half way through. We also put a few sprigs of Rosemary in, but don't eat them.

I still remember nagging my brother the first time I heated up a tin of tomato soup "is it ready yet?" (I think I was about 5 or 6). He gave me the best bit of advice I ever had about cooking - when you think it is ready to eat, it probably is
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

i par boil root veg first s it gives you a better final product imo. not tried with other more tender veg tho.. im guessing they whould just need a minute
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

I saw a tip from Nadia ,the Indian lady on BBC.
    She had a jar of sun dried tomatoes , and she put some of the oil (maybe a tablespoon or so ,into a bag with some herbs ,salt and pepper ,and some sweet chilli sauce ,(I use Mango chutney ) and threw the carrots chunks and potatoes parsnips or whatever , and massaged it in ,then tipped them out on a tray and roasted them at 160-170 for a hour or 2 ,checking they dont dry out !
    Yum yum
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Jeremy.

Yes, root vegetables primarily. But I often throw some onion in too.

I think the par boil makes a lot of sense. The best roasted carrots I ever had where soft all the way through, but no where near mush... a restaurant in town makes those. And aside from that the closest consistency I can think of is in dishes are that fairly wet.

I'm Tony.

Veggie Pizza using dough I made the other day.

Washed down with a drop of Argentinian Malbec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Tony.

Coffee and Welsh Cakes for a late brekky today.

No, I didn’t eat all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm sorted.

Sausage toad

+ Reply to Thread