+ Reply to Thread
Page 732 of 778 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 7775

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Cheers guys, will give both of your suggestions a go.

The chilli sauce was very good (I used two chillies - not too hot) - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...p-chilli-sauce - as you don't use too much, I've frozen about 6 portions for the future.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andre.

I love Chips Alex, but ive learned to work out my days meals & do not clash with carbs, ofc you need carbs but i will have no more than 10 chips..
    FLAC/PC - HRT 'Streamer' - Citronic 'CE-22' Processor - S.M.S.L 'SAP-9' Headphone amp - AKG 'K141, Mk,II' Headphones - Mackie 'MR-824' Active Monitors

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Theres some chips that Morrisons sell Low Cal Low Fat that cook well in the air fryer

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webs...search¶m=chips
    Linky no worky, soz....

Just as you have your name for takeaways [fakeaways] I have my name for low-cal, low-fat food... LOW TASTE, lol...

Don't eat diet stuff, dude, as I don't like eating cardboard... For me, food is all about FLAVOUR, and to get that you need some fat and calories. If you want to lose weight, eat less and/or exercise and burn off the calories you consume - NEVER skimp on TASTE or flavour!!

So when I have chips, which admittedly is rarely, as I'm not a chip fiend [prefer rice, pasta or potatoes], it's the real deal or nothing...

Marco.
    I always feel sad for those who are (or have been) less fortunate than me in life and love.

I'm Andre.

The link was purely for Alex as i remember him saying he wanted to loose a bit. I personally think Home made chips are shit in an air fryer. As for food in general, i dont have the slightest bit of interest in fancy food or cooking,you know that.. however when i was loosing weight, i refused to follow any diet cos they basically do not work. I never once ate Low fat foods. All i did was to be very carefull with Carbs & portions, Cutting a blokes daily intake of 2,500 Kal to just 1,000 Kal per day, I lost me over 4 Stone within a year. I do agree Lo fat it is tasteless shite & out of experience there is no need for it as i have proven..

Food & the expence of it is something i wish would take a fuck off tablet..
    FLAC/PC - HRT 'Streamer' - Citronic 'CE-22' Processor - S.M.S.L 'SAP-9' Headphone amp - AKG 'K141, Mk,II' Headphones - Mackie 'MR-824' Active Monitors

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Your'e right, Andre, it is simple maths. A pound of weight roughly equals 3,500 calories, and it doesn't really matter where those calories come from - cut that amount out each week, and you'll lose a pound each week.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Alex,
    look into intermittent fasting.

Not about what you eat, but when.
    (Insulin spikes, hunger pangs, bad habits...n such)

Your not as hungry as your habits say you are...
    I enjoy Hifi n stuff...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Your not as hungry as your habits say you are...
    True. If I'm busy I can skip eating at usual times and find the 'need' to eat goes away pretty quickly, it's just a habit or routine your body likes. I quite often eat only once a day and never before noon anyway.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Andre.

Just a glass of water will take any urges away.. You should be drinking quite a bit of water a day anyway..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    The link was purely for Alex as i remember him saying he wanted to loose a bit. I personally think Home made chips are shit in an air fryer. As for food in general, i dont have the slightest bit of interest in fancy food or cooking,you know that.. however when i was loosing weight, i refused to follow any diet cos they basically do not work. I never once ate Low fat foods. All i did was to be very carefull with Carbs & portions, Cutting a blokes daily intake of 2,500 Kal to just 1,000 Kal per day, I lost me over 4 Stone within a year. I do agree Lo fat it is tasteless shite & out of experience there is no need for it as i have proven..
    Exactly right, and as indeed you have proven. Low-fat pish is essentially for the lazy who can't be bothered to exercise! Like Alex says, it's a simple arithmetical equation: burn off more calories than you consume, and you'll lose weight. Simples!

So eat well, in moderation, and get up off yer arse and move, and you'll be fine. The other truism I've found is that when you eat well (and by that I mean healthily, not necessarily by having 'fancy food'), you have more ENERGY to exercise, as you're essentially healthier/fitter from WITHIN.

The fact is, eating processed foods, such as ready meals, low-fat ones or otherwise, and obsessing over calories isn't good for you. Therefore the extra energy you gain from eating healthily, ultimately facilitates the losing of weight, as you feel more motivated/more able to exercise/move, which is crucial to losing weight. The human body is the same as any engine: the QUALITY of the FUEL you feed it, ultimately determines how well it runs!!

Marco.
    I always feel sad for those who are (or have been) less fortunate than me in life and love.

I'm Grant.

the better the water the better the pish i make my own water from a distiller and add the minerals salts etc that i want.. tastes much better and your body enjoys the benefit of less crap to filter out
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

+ Reply to Thread