+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Appreciation For The Naim CD3.5

I'm Shane.

Default Appreciation For The Naim CD3.5

I'm not a huge fan of Naim Audio. But always had a little soft spot, for the humble little CD3.5.

This CD Player just plays music. It's lucid and detailed, presenting the music in a clean open window fashion.

Another liking for this CD Player, is the tight deep bass. The timing is excellent and is never delayed.

If the CD3.5 was a turntable, it would be the Townshend Rock Elite. Because, of the solid well controlled bass and transparency.

This might possibly be my endgame CD Player. Unless, I bump into a nice working Naim CDS/CDPS!!

S.

I'm Peter.

Just my thoughts... please don't ever associate the CD3.5 with the Rock Elite.... I get your drift but no comparison. For there is none.

Rock 7 owner... and many other Townsend TT's , including the Elite.

No offence intended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Just my thoughts... please don't ever associate the CD3.5 with the Rock Elite.... I get your drift but no comparison. For there is none.

Rock 7 owner... and many other Townsend TT's , including the Elite.

No offence intended.

PLEASE!....Don't get angry with me

S.

I'm Peter.

Not angry at all we all have our opinions. Being an old git, I have had no other TT's others than Townsend for the past 45 years. Never had the need for so called high end by other manufacturers.

Been with the original Cranfield Rock to today's Rock 7, I always find it a bit disconcerting that others compare equipment to the unique sound of the rock...... not everybody's taste, but it what does it for you is the whole purpose

That's what this forum is about...... you like what you like and probably a good comparison... in the right context.

NO ANGER AT ALL.

I'm Michael.

I like Naim CDP's very much. The best products they make.

The external psu's really do make a world of difference - especially if the rather agricultural LM317 circuits are replaced with something better.

+ Reply to Thread