+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: LFD AUDIO: Their new LPCD (low powered class d) integrated amplifier.

  1. #31
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Berkshire, UK

    Posts: 4,010
    I'm Tom.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    That’s a good analogy actually, cooking.

    Some turn out dish after dish, paying little attention to refining them and just focusing on what’s next.

    I know from experience that if you give two people a can of tomatoes, tomato purée, onions / celery / carrots, garlic, red wine, mince, and salt and pepper, the results will vary wildly, from a fine ragu to a sloppy Spag Bol.

    Having worked with those ingredients “enthusiastically” for 6+ yrs now I like to think I can turn out a decent meat sauce... minute adjustments anywhere can change the fundamental balance of it.

    Funny I thought it was a terrible analogy. Cooking is about technique and proportion. It’s more like the difference between between saxo table salt and some rare Himalayan stuff: this will not make vast impact all other things being equal including recipe - which is design, execution - which is process and technique, and the same chef of course.

    A more sensible analogy is to compare unobtanium components to rare versions of herbs and spices on the edge of the main dish - potentially interesting and arguably worth a bit more for interest’s sake - but if it’s the same chef with the same list of ingredients, the same recipe and the same tools and the same technique there probably won’t be a vast difference.

    After all we are talking about electrical components of same values.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

    Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

  2. #32
    Join Date: Aug 2018

    Location: London Knightsbridge

    Posts: 355
    I'm Nari.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Funny I thought it was a terrible analogy. Cooking is about technique and proportion. It’s more like the difference between between saxo table salt and some rare Himalayan stuff: this will not make vast impact all other things being equal including recipe - which is design, execution - which is process and technique, and the same chef of course.

    A more sensible analogy is to compare unobtanium components to rare versions of herbs and spices on the edge of the main dish - potentially interesting and arguably worth a bit more for interest’s sake - but if it’s the same chef with the same list of ingredients, the same recipe and the same tools and the same technique there probably won’t be a vast difference.

    After all we are talking about electrical components of same values.


    Very interesting point and does make sence, however its all about how the chef uses the ingredients and understands the subtle interactions between the various ingredients (parts) this is where intellectual property and a vast amount of experience comes in.

    I have heard many expensive pieces of equiptment, using quite nice parts sounding rather bland and uninspiring where the chef has not quite understood the circuit interaction with the given parts and wiring one has too employ the appropriate quality components for its circuit and its given layout. Just spending big money on parts may not be the solution to producing an excellent sound but understanding each and every ingredient and its give given effect is where real experience comes in.

    Its not necessary for designer to have a PhD in audio design, but it sure can most certainly help understand many audio techniques and what works with what, nothing can replace knowledge and experience, this is generally found after a lot of research and experimentation. This can be a very costly exercise and many will never recover the initial cost to do so. How many manufacturers can be bothered to go this extra mile and actually listen, any one can throw money at something ,I agree but at the same time care and attention to detail can result in superlative performance.

    I have travelled all around the world to actually listen to many mega Hi End systems and have owned some of the so called superlative brands, have I always been satisfied? no is the answer, one thing for sure I actually try and listen with my own ears and appreciate what has been created, even if I could not justify the purchase for my own personal reasons.
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 04-02-2019 at 15:21.
    My System Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, Kronos Pro Axiom 12" tonearm Etsuro Bordeaux, EMT 927, Sme Model 30/12 gold, Graham Phantom Elite Top wing Dalby stabiliser or Thales Simplicity 2, Shindo Garrard 301 complete system. sme 3012r shindo spu. Morsiani tonearm, Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

  3. #33
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Southern England

    Posts: 2,989
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    FYI: LFD AUDIO Zero LE III limited edition inc on-board mm/mc phonostage 3yr warranty

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163640241327
    Well, hello.

  4. #34
    Join Date: Aug 2018

    Location: London Knightsbridge

    Posts: 355
    I'm Nari.

    Default

    A little time has gone by since I took delivery of the Master Dual amplifiers these are from the latest series of Lfd amplifiers they feature the latest thinking from lfd and sound truly glorious they are a amplifier that feature two amplifiers per a chassis intended for bi amp operation. The amplifiers have been keeping me awake for a while they rewrite the rules of solid state and valves in my humble opinion. The amplifiers just deliver music the main thing for me is that they have the most natural presentation of any amplifier I have ever heard bar none. I own very highly regarded amps from Kondo and audio teckne and truly love them for what they do, the Lfd amps that do not shout out in visual appearance truly shout out in musical performance.

    This amplifier has a natural sence of weight and presence that has to be heard to be believed with not a single trace of glare of hardness the soundstage is breathtaking.

    The best thing is no expensive valve changes no unbearable heat and reliability issues these amplifier feel truly bomb proof.
    My System Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, Kronos Pro Axiom 12" tonearm Etsuro Bordeaux, EMT 927, Sme Model 30/12 gold, Graham Phantom Elite Top wing Dalby stabiliser or Thales Simplicity 2, Shindo Garrard 301 complete system. sme 3012r shindo spu. Morsiani tonearm, Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

  5. #35
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Berkshire, UK

    Posts: 4,010
    I'm Tom.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    A little time has gone by since I took delivery of the Master Dual amplifiers these are from the latest series of Lfd amplifiers they feature the latest thinking from lfd and sound truly glorious they are a amplifier that feature two amplifiers per a chassis intended for bi amp operation. The amplifiers have been keeping me awake for a while they rewrite the rules of solid state and valves in my humble opinion. The amplifiers just deliver music the main thing for me is that they have the most natural presentation of any amplifier I have ever heard bar none. I own very highly regarded amps from Kondo and audio teckne and truly love them for what they do, the Lfd amps that do not shout out in visual appearance truly shout out in musical performance.

    This amplifier has a natural sence of weight and presence that has to be heard to be believed with not a single trace of glare of hardness the soundstage is breathtaking.

    The best thing is no expensive valve changes no unbearable heat and reliability issues these amplifier feel truly bomb proof.
    Really must hear the high-end LFD stuff powering the Tannoys at some point. You have me intrigued here.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; preamp TBA watch this space; Vinyl: Schopper'd Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GM and SPU Gold; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage Allnic H7000V used with Miyajima ETR-Mono and ETR-Stereo SUTs; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily enhanced AN DAC based on kit but aspiring to DAC5 spec.

    Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Marantz PM-4; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT 1503 MkI broadcast arm, Ortofon SPU Classic GM, Ortofon 2-15k SUT and Puresound Tenuto platter mat

  6. #36
    Join Date: Aug 2018

    Location: London Knightsbridge

    Posts: 355
    I'm Nari.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Really must hear the high-end LFD stuff powering the Tannoys at some point. You have me intrigued here.
    They are certainly worth a listen Mik at Unique has just received two sets of Master References to bi amp with @ 25k a pop, but knowing him will stay with him long. The delivery time for Lfd stuff is rather long can be months and months the first set took around 18 months.
    My System Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, Kronos Pro Axiom 12" tonearm Etsuro Bordeaux, EMT 927, Sme Model 30/12 gold, Graham Phantom Elite Top wing Dalby stabiliser or Thales Simplicity 2, Shindo Garrard 301 complete system. sme 3012r shindo spu. Morsiani tonearm, Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

  7. #37
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Southern England

    Posts: 2,989
    I'm Neil.

    Default LFD demo units for sale

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837476199596276/

    This auction STARTS @ 11:30 gmt today and ENDS @ 20:30 gmt are there are no time extensions. FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED!
    Well, hello.

  8. #38
    Join Date: Aug 2018

    Location: London Knightsbridge

    Posts: 355
    I'm Nari.

    Default

    Its now been several months since i first took delivery of the Lfd Master Dual, these amplifiers never cease to amaze me in there performance. I have the Kondo Gaku onn which i really love plus my audio teckne both very very fine amplifiers. I never thought that the lfd would engage me in the way it has, the midrange has real texture with sheer weight and liquidity the treble full of detail and lightning fast but never nasty or hazed. What I really like is that these amps can play loud as they can play soft never loosing any of there magic they allow my speakers vanish.

    What really appeals is that I do not have to worry about hard to find rare valves which can be quite a faff and they don't cause me any discomfort in the summer months, which can be unbearable heat they can be left on all the time with no reliability issues. I play the amps for around 3 hours every day and have no desire to revert back to any of the other amps I own which shows how addictive they are and that i just dont notice them that is praise in it self.

    I know many will not get to hear the latest Lfd amps but they are certainly worth checking out and finding a way to listen to them.
    My System Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, Kronos Pro Axiom 12" tonearm Etsuro Bordeaux, EMT 927, Sme Model 30/12 gold, Graham Phantom Elite Top wing Dalby stabiliser or Thales Simplicity 2, Shindo Garrard 301 complete system. sme 3012r shindo spu. Morsiani tonearm, Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

  9. #39
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Barnet, london UK

    Posts: 1,722
    I'm Adam.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Its now been several months since i first took delivery of the Lfd Master Dual, these amplifiers never cease to amaze me in there performance. I have the Kondo Gaku onn which i really love plus my audio teckne both very very fine amplifiers. I never thought that the lfd would engage me in the way it has, the midrange has real texture with sheer weight and liquidity the treble full of detail and lightning fast but never nasty or hazed. What I really like is that these amps can play loud as they can play soft never loosing any of there magic they allow my speakers vanish.

    What really appeals is that I do not have to worry about hard to find rare valves which can be quite a faff and they don't cause me any discomfort in the summer months, which can be unbearable heat they can be left on all the time with no reliability issues. I play the amps for around 3 hours every day and have no desire to revert back to any of the other amps I own which shows how addictive they are and that i just dont notice them that is praise in it self.

    I know many will not get to hear the latest Lfd amps but they are certainly worth checking out and finding a way to listen to them.
    HI Nari
    How are you finding the Master Dual in comparison to the LFD Class D power amps?
    I have heard the Master Dual a few times the musicality, control and finesse is just outstanding.
    "lack of passion is fatal"


    Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012r ikeda rewire / SME 3009 unimproved / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

  10. #40
    Join Date: Aug 2018

    Location: London Knightsbridge

    Posts: 355
    I'm Nari.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    HI Nari
    How are you finding the Master Dual in comparison to the LFD Class D power amps?
    I have heard the Master Dual a few times the musicality, control and finesse is just outstanding.
    The master dual are infact the class d amplifier, they are knows to as the master dual since two mono amplifiers are within one chassis where one input is connected to both amplifiers and each out goes to HF and LF part of the speaker ie Biamped Mode. These amplifiers are unlike any class d amps currently available. Mik tells the amps you have been hearing on the last few visits are in fact the latest Master Dual.
    My System Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, Kronos Pro Axiom 12" tonearm Etsuro Bordeaux, EMT 927, Sme Model 30/12 gold, Graham Phantom Elite Top wing Dalby stabiliser or Thales Simplicity 2, Shindo Garrard 301 complete system. sme 3012r shindo spu. Morsiani tonearm, Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •