+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LFD AUDIO: Their new LPCD (low powered class d) integrated amplifier.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    The master dual are infact the class d amplifier, they are knows to as the master dual since two mono amplifiers are within one chassis where one input is connected to both amplifiers and each out goes to HF and LF part of the speaker ie Biamped Mode. These amplifiers are unlike any class d amps currently available. Mik tells the amps you have been hearing on the last few visits are in fact the latest Master Dual.
    oh, apologies, i get confused by the actual names. There were 2 different sets of amps being listened to on my visits.
    One, the reference mono bloc Solid State offerings and the others, the Class D amplifiers.

The implementation of the amplifier's design is so vivid in these examples.

In general people find it easy to pigeon hole amplifiers with labels such as Valves, Solid State and Class D etc.
    These class d amplifiers would totally destroy preconceived ideas of audio signatures.

Actually forces one to totally question the whole game after such listening experiences.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012R ikeda rewire / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    oh, apologies, i get confused by the actual names. There were 2 different sets of amps being listened to on my visits.
    One, the reference mono bloc Solid State offerings and the others, the Class D amplifiers.

The implementation of the amplifier's design is so vivid in these examples.

In general people find it easy to pigeon hole amplifiers with labels such as Valves, Solid State and Class D etc.
    These class d amplifiers would totally destroy preconceived ideas of audio signatures.https://theartofsound.net/forum/newr...eply&p=1126420

Actually forces one to totally question the whole game after such listening experiences.
    Its a easy mistake the names are so similar, I totally agree its easy not give good audio pieces a fair chance due to pre conceived ideas. These amps have re educated in a big way, I feel so much more at ease then any of my other costly amps as they feel totally bomb proof.

I would have never thought i would ever own a class D design, I am glad you have enjoyed listening to them as much as I enjoy owning them, I listened today for 4 hours and record after record I had a beaming smile and thats all its about at the end of the day nothing else.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345